• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

TWA v. ALPA Suit Going To Trial

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well I'm setting myself up, but near as I can tell. TWA was about to be shut down and the MEC struck the best deal they could get. The alternatives were everyone losing their job. Now you guys expect other pilots to pay for your misfortune?

Well I'm setting myself up, but near as I can tell. TWA was about to be shut down and the MEC struck the best deal they could get. The alternatives were everyone losing their job. Now you guys expect other pilots to pay for your misfortune?

I am no expert in this either but from what Ive heard, your statement is only a small part of the equation. The problem reportedly is ALPA failed to represent TWA in a fair manner. ALPA, TWAs bargaining agent, was courting APA to join ALPA at the same time they were supposed to be acting on behalf of TWA. They failed to disclose their dealings with APA and there might be some stinky garbage in terms of backroom deals that shafted the TWA guys. Not necessarily one of ALPAs bright spots.

I am no expert in this either but from what Ive heard, your statement is only a small part of the equation. The problem reportedly is ALPA failed to represent TWA in a fair manner. ALPA, TWAs bargaining agent, was courting APA to join ALPA at the same time they were supposed to be acting on behalf of TWA. They failed to disclose their dealings with APA and there might be some stinky garbage in terms of backroom deals that shafted the TWA guys. Not necessarily one of ALPAs bright spots.

That's the "G-rated" version.

TC

That's the problem....none of us trust you.

Eh, you don't have to. You'll learn the hard way that frivolous lawsuits are not the way to solve your problems, just like the RJDC wankers did.

Here's to hoping TWA guys win! It should have been a relative seniority integration. You can't say any airline is going to go out of business until they actually do.

Can't beat ALPA representation, can ya?...............

Latest resources

Back