• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

TSA SAT Flying given to G-Jets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
All the TSA pilots ever asked of management was to follow the contract. It allows the immediate introduction of a new aircraft type with pay rates that are the average of the non-wholly owned carriers. Hardly pricing ourselves out of the market. But they have shown they are incapable of following any agreement. Why would they need to when they can always get guys like those who joined GJ to help them out.

Well it's come 'round in one big circle...mainline guys bagged commuter guys for years...so no suprise when commuter guys crossed their picket lines and took their flying...then commuters evolved to jet-regionals..and now even lower tier jet-commuters are taking flying away from the regionals...pilot unity or lack of it has always been the bane of aviation in the USA...the minute GO-jet was formed, TSA pilots should have tried to organize them ,but instead you ostracised them and now of course you are paying the price for your own stupidity...enjoy it guys and gals..you made the bed...sleep in it

And now the TSA guys are talking about how G0jet is bashing and lauging at all the furloughs?!?!? whatever- when TSA are the one's who have been trying to start a war with GJ every chance they get. I've never seen any ************************* pilot bash a TSA guy on this board- but, TSA is quick to kick GJ any chance they can get. My sympathy for TSA is thinning out quickly.....

joeywoofwoof said:
And now the TSA guys are talking about how G0jet is bashing and lauging at all the furloughs?!?!? whatever- when TSA are the one's who have been trying to start a war with GJ every chance they get. I've never seen any ************************* pilot bash a TSA guy on this board- but, TSA is quick to kick GJ any chance they can get. My sympathy for TSA is thinning out quickly.....
Never seen a GJ trash a TSA guy? Come on, better read a little more.

Sympathy wears thin because people have short attention spans, unless you're the one getting hosed. If you are a 121 operater, you should be shoulder to shoulder with those guys because when it happens to you, I am sure you'll be thankful for the support you'll get.

Tough to make nice with guys that knew by going to GJ, they could jump the whole seniority of their fellow pilots. Some of the guys that came over from furloughs elsewhere could be forgiven but the former TSA guys that went over deserve no consideration.

Had it been all new pilots going over there, I believe you would have seen a move to organize them from the TSA guys but when you have a backstabber that you flew with, drank beer with, and trashed the company during those long two hour ground delays at ORD, it sorta sticks in one's craw.

Sorry, I may no longer be there but I will never forget what's been done there. It has done nothing but make me more cynical about how low people will go.

I don't understand how anyone can defend G0Jets. Military veteran or not, that guy undercut someone else to get ahead. Sound familiar? It should, because that is the problem throughout aviation now.

Now to play devil's advocate, how can you take a job at TSA and not expect to get screwed?

Golden Falcon said:
Well it's come 'round in one big circle...mainline guys bagged commuter guys for years...so no suprise when commuter guys crossed their picket lines and took their flying...then commuters evolved to jet-regionals..and now even lower tier jet-commuters are taking flying away from the regionals...pilot unity or lack of it has always been the bane of aviation in the USA...the minute GO-jet was formed, TSA pilots should have tried to organize them ,but instead you ostracised them and now of course you are paying the price for your own stupidity...enjoy it guys and gals..you made the bed...sleep in it

Please educate your self before you speak!! The first four management pilots for gayjet tried illegally to vote in teamsters!! This was a ploy to keep alpa out. Ask yourself why?? Teamsters represent tsa's f/a's and they suck! tsah wants teamsters for gayjets! NOW THINK PEOPLE WHY DO TSAH MANAGERS WANT TEAMSTERS FOR THE UNION OF THE GAYJET PILOTS!!! BECAUSE THEY SUCK!!!!!! This will allow tsah to screw the gayjet pilots without consequence!! We at tsa stood our ground and will continue to stand together And I hope all alpa pilots will support this because I have supported them in the past. YES I MADE MY BED AND WILL CONTINUE TO SLEEP IN IT, BUT I KNOW THAT I HAVE DONE MY BEST FOR MY FELLOW PILOTS, AND I SLEEP WELL. I no longer respect teamsters and feel sorry for any one that is stuck being a teamster represented employee. The teamsters care for only themselves and could care less about other unions.

Skippy said:
ue500,

1. The mec presented the g0jet LOA roadshows with a neutral endorsement. I was there, along with some mgmt sent pilots. There is noone that can say the MEC didnt provide answers to questions and provide a neutral endorsement. The facts were presented. Many "what if" scenarios were explained. What was interesting is, it's hard to sell something that when pilots ask questions, they dont like the answers.

I have to respectfully disagree. They SAID they were neutral. Every pilot that I talked to at the time were convinced that the MEC didn't want it and that is why they were voting NO.

Neutral or not, the influence of the MEC is what got the thing voted down.

BIgPun said:
Rally the troop over there and get something done, and start off by giving your MEC a swift kick in the bal!s, and re-assign him to the hotel commit. chairman, No wait, he'd probably melt that program down to.

Come on geTr done big bOY....

Cheers,

Nothing would thrill me more.

UE500,

Also, think to yourself how MGMT went to pilots telling them how great this deal was--- the union couldnt do that-- we had to be neutral. Do you have some type of PUBLIC evidence that states elected union officials were telling pilots to vote it down? Remeber, what they do in private is there own business-- I wouldn't call that an agenda-- i call it freedom of thought/ speech/ and expression.

In private, what an individual thinks or says is his/her own opinion. We dont have own own agenda-- If we did we would've signed the 3 year deal!!!!! If it would've passed, so be it-- majority rules, right? This time the majority ruled. The MEC's sole responsibility is to do what's best for the MAJORITY, protect pilots' jobs, Keep people employed, help see that the company is stable and profitable and therby promote growth....... this item was a catch 22

In public, when the LOA was neutrally presented and the pilots' questions were answered and their concerns addressed. They were neutral. I dont know how to explain it any clearer. They were just the barers of a one sided proposal. Dont kill the messenger.

I believe the roadshow information is what killed the LOA. I can honestly say that we had probably at least 50 pilots in STL alone that were undecided until the went to the roashow, got the required information to make an educated decision. I can probably think of about 10 people in stl that actually changed their vote from "yes" to "no" after the roadshow because they werent aware of the interpretive language and the concessionary LOA. It was just my observation.

Just becuase the LOA failed doesnt mean the MEC did so intentionally, maybe it was some of the previous 12 items i mentioned earlier that made pilots vote it down.

I honestly didnt care one way or the other and i feel as though the other officials didnt either. We're here to represent the pilots, which is what we did and continue to do now. We didnt influence the vote one way or the other-- the outcome was determined before it was voted on.

The outcome was determined before it was voted on.

YIPPY SKIPPY, your right. How can you say that you could express a personal opinion to your fellow pilots and at the same time try to be neutral at the road shows? ANY personal opinion by any of the MEC is policy and this is what the pilot group FOLLOWED.

I was called all sorts of names when I expressed my opinion of what could happen if we voted NO. Actually, what I expressed to the pilot group is actually happening now. Furloughs at TSA and growth at g0jet. After all of this happened what does our great MEC chairman say? Not much except mumbling something about not having a crystal ball!!!

Come on now!! This is the leadership that led to this. He feels this is HIM againts the company, doesn't seem to realize that 600 other pilots are being hurt by his arrogance. It's time for him to go and we all know it. Before anyone else gets furloughed he should resign.

I'll take that contract any day now over the 70 or so pilots that have either been furloughed or had their pay cut. Rumors are more furloughs coming in August.

If you or any other person on the MEC didn't see that we needed to get that contract passed needs to resign as well. Explain to me why you all started bashing ALPA NATIONAL when they were begging us to vote in the contract?
You all turned on our union and pilot group and we are all suffering for it right now.

Latest resources

Back