TSA SAT Flying given to G-Jets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
uej,

Everyone at TSA had all the information to make their decision. It was discussed ad nauseum. The pilot group did not want to be forced to accept an onerous 4year contract extension(on top of the previous 2 year extension) to secure the flying. We voted. 75% said no. Don't lay this on the MEC. That makes the TSA pilot group sound very irresponsible and unwilling to accept responsibility for its decisions.

You voted yes. I voted no. You have regrets, I don't.

Had we voted to accept that contract, well, then we didn't defeat the alter ego, we became the alter ego. A six year extension on a sh!!ty contract? NO!!

AirCobra said:
I have personally met two Go Jet pilots, one was a former Air Force veteran senior aviatior who had flown in the Gulf War and the other was a pilot furlouged from a major airline. Well if you or your 25 year old Captain feel good about denying a jumpseat to an Air Force combat veteran under some dubios labor dispute you cooked up, show some respect.

Wow, you really turned me around on the whole issue here. I guess if a veteran goes to Whore Jet that makes it automatically OK. Guess what, buddy, being a vet doesn't make you God. I am a veteran having served in the US Navy for 9 years and I also work for Trans States. The armed forces are filled with all different types of people; some are great guys, some are average, and some, as we see here, are total scumbags. It makes me ashamed that a veteran would defile all of us by chosing to work at that place. I would work at McDonalds first and it looks like I might get my chance thanks to you.

Waaaaaaaaaaaa
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

---------------The company realized or deliberately created a proposal that they knew would fail- which is why they wanted the MEC chairman to sign the deal without a pilot vote and in return TSA would knock off 1 year.
Past history has demonstrated that pilots at TSA like to be given the right to vote and we weren't going to take that away.

YIPPY SKIPPY, your right. How can you say that you could express a personal opinion to your fellow pilots and at the same time try to be neutral at the road shows? ANY personal opinion by any of the MEC is policy and this is what the pilot group FOLLOWED.

---------------Simply not true. When it comes to those kind of items ( neutrality Vs opinion) I remain neutral, not because im a professional but because i can distinguish, recognize and differentiate between the 2. I express personal opinons to fellow pilots all the time. It's your opinion and you are entitled to it, unfortunately I voted with the majority and you, the minority-- I have no ill will to those who voted no , or any praise jesus' to those who voted yes.

I was called all sorts of names when I expressed my opinion of what could happen if we voted NO. Actually, what I expressed to the pilot group is actually happening now. Furloughs at TSA and growth at g0jet. After all of this happened what does our great MEC chairman say? Not much except mumbling something about not having a crystal ball!!!

--------------------Actually, we covered this very same concern, unfortunately it is becoming a reality. I cant even disagree with you here. It's no mystery that TSA was going to shrink-- the atr's were going away, the 41 leases were coming up and of course not going to be renewed. Sorts of names, like what?

Come on now!! This is the leadership that led to this. He feels this is HIM againts the company, doesn't seem to realize that 600 other pilots are being hurt by his arrogance. It's time for him to go and we all know it. Before anyone else gets furloughed he should resign.

------------------I know you arent talking about our MEC chairman? The same could be said about numerous, individual members of TSAH MGMT. You should see some of the juvenile Emails they send back and forth. Ever ask yourself why they wrongfully terminate so many pillots? Why the fail to follow the contract? Why they lose so many grievances? Why they do the things they do in general? MGMT doesnt like to be told what to do, they would rather settle, or come to an agreement on their terms. They Love to be a thorn in the union's side, just as we love to be a thorn in theirs. You see it's a sadistic game, equivalent to "did so , did not." Let's not forget that when they want to achieve things they can, unfortunately they havent wanted much even after we gave them a nice olive branch of the Direct deposit LOA-- for FREE!!!!! I mean seriously. If the pilots did such wrongful things then why does a "NEUTRAL" arbitrator in an unfriendly labor environment ALWAYS favor ALPA? Maybe you need to reread the last statement for effect. Maybe you should check your stats-- Dont forget that MEC position comes up soon, better start campaigning.

I'll take that contract any day now over the 70 or so pilots that have either been furloughed or had their pay cut. Rumors are more furloughs coming in August.

-----------------I'm sorry you feel that way. Unforunately you have become a monday morning quarterback because you already know what has happened . And as for the furloughees or the downgraded indivuduals, i feel for them but im sure they dont blame the union or the falling thru of the g0jet LOA. They couldve just as easily been furloughed from TSA and not have a position at G0jet? YET NOONE WANTS TO TALK ABOUT THIS. WHY IS THAT? YOU SEE, YOU AND ANYONE ELSE WHO THINKS THIS WAY ARE DISILLUSIONED. THE g0jet loa didnt mean growth at TSA, it didnt mean advancement for pilots at TSA, it didnt mean job security for pilots at TSA. It was basically an introduction to a "B" scale at a regional. We can also spin it as TSA wanted to make too much of a profit on the 41's to make it worth their while. Apparently, mid single digit profits arent enough TSA's way of saying we're losing money by not making as much of a profit. Pity isnt it?

I still would say no to the proposal, knowing what i know today.

If you or any other person on the MEC didn't see that we needed to get that contract passed needs to resign as well. Explain to me why you all started bashing ALPA NATIONAL when they were begging us to vote in the contract?
You all turned on our union and pilot group and we are all suffering for it right now.

------------------We needed the contract, but not under those one sided, ambiguous, and loophole filled terms and cicumstances. Bashing ALPA NAtional? Surely you jest or you dont know the real story. WOW, you have some serious animosity toward the present MEC. I suggest channeling it in more positive and constructive ways.

The G0jet LOA was just a way for MGMT to get the pilots to pay for the growth that they made possible. They were biting the hand that fed them.
And so we'll soon be gone....

Last edited:
Aerosurfer said:
That is a complete utterly useless post! The regionals on any level, didnt take flying from United. HELLO we are a connection for them....meaning United Decided to outsorce the flying to the new companies...and just as easily when it deems feesable (if ever) it will put a larger plane back on it!
IND-ORD used to be 757. The routes dont matter. The problem is not underbidding, it still gets bac to TSA management, that has an operable airline and offered SH!t wages to operate a 70seater. Instead of re-negotiating when the pilot group stood their ground, they created alter ego. and now the ones who cared about their job in the first place are getting screwed

U should've voted yes....nobody cares that you didnt want a 2 dollar an hour raise to fly a seventy seater....next time....i bet you'll vote yes.

redbook said:
uej,

Everyone at TSA had all the information to make their decision. It was discussed ad nauseum. The pilot group did not want to be forced to accept an onerous 4year contract extension(on top of the previous 2 year extension) to secure the flying. We voted. 75% said no. Don't lay this on the MEC. That makes the TSA pilot group sound very irresponsible and unwilling to accept responsibility for its decisions.

You voted yes. I voted no. You have regrets, I don't.

Had we voted to accept that contract, well, then we didn't defeat the alter ego, we became the alter ego. A six year extension on a sh!!ty contract? NO!!

You say you have no regrets but your on here every single day crying about how GJ has done you wrong.....I think you have to be a very unhappy person to make a decision that you are proud of but be on here constantly throwing mud at others that have made different decisions.

I think u are very unhappy that you voted no and now realize what a mistake you made....I bet because of your decision that you lose all of the United flying. Im sure that its ok with you because you said no to United flying anyway.

You have no one to blame, not gojet...not Hulas....not tsa management..YOU said no......

Sincerely....the guy with the U SHOULDA VOTED YES sticker on his flight bag.

rsspilot said:
U should've voted yes....nobody cares that you didnt want a 2 dollar an hour raise to fly a seventy seater....next time....i bet you'll vote yes.

Have you learned what schedule block means yet?

rsspilot said:
You say you have no regrets but your on here every single day crying about how GJ has done you wrong.....I think you have to be a very unhappy person to make a decision that you are proud of but be on here constantly throwing mud at others that have made different decisions.

I think u are very unhappy that you voted no and now realize what a mistake you made....I bet because of your decision that you lose all of the United flying. Im sure that its ok with you because you said no to United flying anyway.

You have no one to blame, not gojet...not Hulas....not tsa management..YOU said no......

Just saying "you should have voted yes" does not make it OK to take other pilots jobs. Those pilots took a stand and you low lifes swooped in to undermine there efforts. TSH "owns" so to speak the flying and the airplanes, and TSH is furloughing pilots and hiring pilots at the same time. You are in the wrong. People that have bills to pay and families to suport are on the street because of your actions. And all because they stood up for better pay and work rules. You fuked them!

Alright kids:

Voting No or Yes has nothing to do with current situation. United needed 70 seat flying to be done. TSA started a company to provide that service. I don't like it either and I live with my decsion. We took a stand for what was right. Over done with. My life has continued fine with GJ around. But lets get this clear and straight. The flying given to GJ was "NEW" flying.

My problem is my brothers getting the "Can" while GJ is taking "OLD" flying done by TSA. This being done for a cheaper cost. So voting yes or no has no bearing on the current issue: TSA PILOTS BEING FURLOUGHED and FLYING BEING TAKEN AWAY FROM TSA PILOTS because it can be done cheaper by people that will sell themselves out for money and career.

I think my parents did a good job in raising me and teaching what is "right" and "wrong." This is clear cut "WRONG" So I don't continue to complain about GJ. They did what they had to do. I don't know them and I don't care. My problem is TSA management. BAckstabbing someone to get ahead is wrong. SO GIVE IT UP WITH THE SHOULD HAVE VOTED YES.

I care about my fellow pilots at TSA and every other airline pilot. We ALL have vision of what this job should be. And our choices to vote NO was in the best interest to preserve that vision, not sell it out.

So whoever you are, GJ or not, if you're selling yourself short in this field think about all the people that affected by your greed

I need a drink

rsspilot said:

Dear spineless lowlife,

Its called taking a stand. Principle.

You have none, therefore you would not understand..

Agreeing to an ultimatum that would make tsa pilots similar to the low lifes that you are is not an acceptable choice. We said no. That does not change your actions in joining an alter ego whipsaw carrier.

If TS Holdings had asked for a thousand year contract extension should we have said yes? And if they had subsequently hired alter ego pilots, they would be the same as you now. Lowlifes.

Latest resources

Back