Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
UEJ500 wrote "BAT 31, your post was just plain ignorant."

I reply:

Maybe ....., I don't work at TSA. Friends do and I hope the best for them and you. Good luck with whatever you decide.

smokey999 said:
NO. What happens now is the company comes crawling back and makes a better offer, because they know they have to, or possibly face a whole can of worms. How many jets you think United will hand down to Uncle Hulie while he is negotiating with three unions at the same time??? This guy is smart, he knows what he needs to do.

Which is exactly why this whole thing should just go to court. He will never "give" anything to the pilot group that they rightfully deserve. He is no Herb Kelleher. He is not employee friendly whatsoever. He will fight tooth and nail to deprive the pilot group of anything and everything that he possibly can. The only problem for him is that he cannot make 28 million dollars in profit a year without us. That is what the pilot group needs to remember every time a vote is on the table. We do not have to give up anything. Be strong. Stand united. Let it go to court.

smokey999 said:
NO. What happens now is the company comes crawling back and makes a better offer, because they know they have to, or possibly face a whole can of worms. How many jets you think United will hand down to Uncle Hulie while he is negotiating with three unions at the same time??? This guy is smart, he knows what he needs to do.

Don't hold your breath on that, smoke. We will do informational picketing and get United's attention. Hopefully they put a bug in HKs ear to do the right thing. But I wouldn't count on it. All he really has to do is staff Gayjets for now. Our mission outside of work should be to talk to every pilot-wanabe with Shiny Jet Syndrome at all of the pilot factories and let them know what Gayjets is all about. Union-busting, whipsawing nose-dive to the bottom tactics.

Now, I'm going to start packing to head up to Chicago or over to Dulles. Anyone wanna come with me?

210FR8DOG said:
Sweet.............even if the worst happens, I can live with myself knowing I made the right decision along with 75% of my fellow pilots here.

In reality, only 64.5% of your fellow pilots made the right decision since only 86% of eligible voters took the time to vote to begin with.

ren said:
Twenty five percent voted in favor. That is one in four voters.
ren said:
One in four pilots you fly with do not stand with us.

These two statements mean two different things. Yes, one-in-four voters (25%) did vote "in favor" of this LOA. However, with only 86% of eligible voters taking the time to vote, that does not equate to one-in-four eligible voters or even one-in-four line pilots (i.e. probationary pilots can't vote).

That aside, I do hear what you all are saying and hope that unity continues while dealing with TSA management on this issue.

Oooo, somebody with a modicum of math skills. Very good. Now tell me Sherlock, with 86% (approx) eligible to vote by virtue of being full ALPA members, i.e. off probation. Is that 86% of 86% ? or 86% of the total? Regardless, it is still a decisive and meaningful margin that should not be ignored. is it 75% of 86% of 86%?

Even worse case 86% of eligible is a significant turnout. How many was the the turnout for the current US President? or ANY general election. The numbers are significant at TSA.

tj

We spotted a Go-Jet CRJ-700 in DEN. I don't recall N# but it ended in "GJ" and had the "Operated by Go-Jet" painted by the door. It also had that "Ex-Plus" logo painted on the nose. I wonder if the pilots will be removing their wings and ID while walking through the terminal.

bat31!

Hey, I'm sorry about that, I meant that for REN. The reason is that even those who voted yes were thinking of the pilot groups best interest. It all comes down to taking the chance of getting another proposal before g-jet flies its first flight. Thier pilot group will vote in the teamsters on day 1 of certification and from what I heard from alpa's legal guy at our roadshow was that would be the end of any possible way to make the whole thing one list under our current MEC and contract. In my opinion that would be worse for us as TSA pilots and for the regional airline industry than the proposal was.

Like I said earlier, I hope you guys are right!

btw, what are the routes g0jet will fly? I'm sure it will be spread like wildfire when they do get certified and do the first flight. I hope our union is able to communicate with the company quickly before all of this happens. We all know how long this could take, so the gamble is what will take longer?

What will "GJ's" callsign be? Just want to make sure I am stepping on the right people.

Latest resources

Back