Tsa Gj Loa Results

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
USA 3000's callsign is "getaway".

I don't believe that the teamsters can be voted in until the single carrier petition filed with the NMB is resolved.

I wonder if the company is having a hard time finding pilots to staff GJ's. The MEC was given a chance to sign in the agreement with a three extension instead of four. I'm sure that was an attempt to undercut any future confidence in him and possibly have some of them voted out. It'll be interesting to see what happenes in the next week or so.

Any plans for informational picketing yet?

Apparently the company is having a hard time finding qualified pilots. They had hoped to get many furloughed pilots, especially United furloughees, but none have so far. Now they are going to some flight schools trying to get newbies to come.
We know they have been to Perdue and pitched Blowjet. Several of our own Perdue grads have gone back to the school to warn others of the choice they would be making.
Please, if you are reading this board and contemplating a job at G---T, ask some questions and talk to some of your fellow pilots. There are good job opportunities out there. Starting your career out at a pariah alter-ego carrier is not one of them.
I have never been so proud to be a TSA pilot as I have been this past week. It would have been easy to cave in to managements' promises and ALPA nationals' pressure. The fear of uncertainty is real but this pilot group faced it and decided that the easy path was not the path we wished to go down.
In the end, vague promises of lots of shiny new jets couldn't mask the realities of that LOA. Others have been led down that path before and I'm proud that we weren't.

Sorry I haven't been monitoring like a good Flightinfo junkie would, but what was this vote regarding? And more importantly who staged it and what are the implications realistically other than what's been posted?...
Thanks....

Long story. Four year extention, lowered COL, capturing the HoJet flying (if you can call it that). Check it out at tsalounge.com. Have the whole LOA up there.

I have to wonder if they had offered a staple instead of the merge, what the outcome would have been.

I have to wonder if they had offered a staple instead of the merge, what the outcome would have been.

It was a staple. DOH. Most the pilots were hired after JUNE 2005 so that is a basically a staple to the bottom, with a fence. The fence will allways be put in place by the company, because they need to protect the seats and prevent training costs from increasing. Simple economics.

KingKong2 said:
It was a staple. DOH. Most the pilots were hired after JUNE 2005 so that is a basically a staple to the bottom, with a fence. The fence will allways be put in place by the company, because they need to protect the seats and prevent training costs from increasing. Simple economics.

AHHH......NO. The fence will be torn down by the united pilots of TSA....then you will find yourself at the bottom with NO fourlough protection.

On a sidenote, how many GOOJETS pilots do you think will stick around once the lists are merged. Imagine the work environment.

Latest resources

Back