Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Three questions about the Q-400 trim and deice system.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Either you have very bad grammar or you have no idea what you are trying to ask. Which leads me to believe that you are not a pilot. .....

After years on this board I have to disagree. His bad grammar proves he is a pilot!!! :laugh: :D

yea my grammar sucks. I'll give you all that..lol

I was a Metroliner driver for Ameriflight up through 9-11. After 9-11 I couldn't compete with the flight time the senior guys getting laid off had and couldn't get hired. I got a later start then normal as a pilot so by the time I could get hired and looking at the future of the industry and retirement I SADLY decided I couldn't make a long term legit career out of it to where I could support my family with enough income. So, I turned it into a hobby. I have been a member here since 2002 as it says. In fact, I need to update the hours on there. I didn't realize it until a few minutes ago.

as many as I can until I get until someone stops dicking with me and will just answer me. Can you please post on the http://www.airlinepilotforums.com that I am a member here since 2002 pls? They keep thinking I am new and with the media because of my screen name.

If I recall correctly, it is FAR Part 25 requirement that a 'trim-in-motion' clacker be installed. However, in some part-25 aircraft, this clacker is inhibited in some configurations, namely with flaps extended. But not in ALL planes.

And in some cases in may be related to weather or not the aircraft has a visual trim-in-motion wheel.

Go take a look at Part-25. It's an easy search on the net.

Ultra

Last edited:
If I recall correctly, it is FAR Part 25 requirement that a 'trim-in-motion' clacker be installed. However, in some part-25 aircraft, this clacker is inhibited in some configurations, namely with flaps extended. But not in ALL planes.

And in some cases in may be related to weather or not the aircraft has a visual trim-in-motion wheel.

Ultra

Thank you! The 767 does not have any audible indication but others do. I am trying to find out if the Dash 8 has one. Thank you for the reply though!

Ultra

I don't think it has to be a clacker, a light or efis indication also meets the requirements if I remember right-I'm too lazy to actually look it up.

Dude-

It doesn't matter what you tell the media. The more responsible among them will misreport it through ignorance of the subject matter, the blood suckers will rape the context and twist it into an unrecognizable shape that gets them ratings. Neither will report it accurately.

As was stated above, the best thing you can do is tell your contacts that if they have any interest at all in the integrity of their profession they will read and/or print verbatim, without opinion, what is released by the NTSB in their press releases and news conferences. Nothing more, nothing less.

Dude-

It doesn't matter what you tell the media. The more responsible among them will misreport it through ignorance of the subject matter, the blood suckers will rape the context and twist it into an unrecognizable shape that gets them ratings. Neither will report it accurately.

As was stated above, the best thing you can do is tell your contacts that if they have any interest at all in the integrity of their profession they will read and/or print verbatim, without opinion, what is released by the NTSB in their press releases and news conferences. Nothing more, nothing less.

I do have the ear of the producers. They can get it right if I can get them the right info. They are reporting what is said just not all of it. I agree they need to do it.

I do have the ear of the producers. They can get it right if I can get them the right info. They are reporting what is said just not all of it. I agree they need to do it.

Well then tell them to just report the news, and stop making it. Read the NTSB briefing from a teleprompter, how hard is that?

That is exactly my point. Tell the producers that the only people who have all the right information is the NTSB. Tell them that if they report verbatim what the NTSB releases - nothing more, nothing less - they will have accurately reported all the facts that are known at that time.

If they need to explain what stick pusher is, have a professional pilot, qualified in type, as their expert; not the first private pilot Cessna owner they can grab off the street muddying up the water in the name of 15 minutes fame.

In short, tell your producer friends to report responsibly.

That's all the help you are going to get from me. I am not qualified on a Dash 8, and I am not NTSB. I have nothing further to offer.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back