Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The Skybus Innaugural flight yesterday....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
For 65k you can get a job managing a Home depot or McDonalds. No self respecting pilot should be a 319 CA for that. It is pathetic that one would accept that.

Red, its great that you like your job. I respect that. But I get the feeling by reading your posts that you really think highly of yourself. Have you always looked down your nose at people? Southwest is a great company. However, not everyone wants your job. You made the comment about someone working for a "second rate" carrier because, as you said, they tried to get on with SWA and didn't. So if thats the case I guess you think that if they aren't "good enough" for SWA they shouldn't fly anymore instead of work for said "second rate" carrier?

Its ironic that these "second rate pilots" that arent "good enough" to work for SWA, go out and get hired as captains on Airbuses or 747 Frieghters, and oddly enough, they keep there planes within the airport perimeter fence.

How many of you airline pilots have to listen to the SWA Burbank crash during recurrent ground school? 2000 feet AGL at 2 mile final and touchdown at 182kts.

Just because you can fly a plane does not mean you should work for any company you want. We have a culture that most would not fit. The b-tching and complaining...yea we have it here....but rare. Flying an airplane is not hard...the job we do is not hard. Being a good person is not hard...fun to hang out with is not hard. Finding the person that meets all the above....well it seems to be hard. I won't even go into personal apperance. Is he the big overweight guy that can't fit into his suit. You are also selling an image with a company. Face it, you have to look the part as much as act the part....this will open up an new can of worms. I have a friend who has a brother who is 5'10" tall at a regional airline...a bottom feeder who is about 330 lbs. I told him noone will hire him unless he loses some weight and does not look like Jared did before subway. I dirgress...I forgot...my life sucks.

10 Years ago, Southwest was the lowest paid airline of any major. No on wanted to pay for a type to fly a 737 for the rest of their career at sub-par wages. Southwest was hiring the rejects that could not get on with the legacy carriers. These guys are your captains now. Right now Southwest is one of the better places to get hired on. This might not be the case in another 10-20 years; we will see. My point is just because you work for Southwest does not mean you are better or more qualified then other pilots. That being said, I myself do not respect Skybus pilots.

Just because you can fly a plane does not mean you should work for any company you want. We have a culture that most would not fit. The b-tching and complaining...yea we have it here....but rare. Flying an airplane is not hard...the job we do is not hard. Being a good person is not hard...fun to hang out with is not hard. Finding the person that meets all the above....well it seems to be hard. I won't even go into personal apperance. Is he the big overweight guy that can't fit into his suit. You are also selling an image with a company. Face it, you have to look the part as much as act the part....this will open up an new can of worms. I have a friend who has a brother who is 5'10" tall at a regional airline...a bottom feeder who is about 330 lbs. I told him noone will hire him unless he loses some weight and does not look like Jared did before subway. I dirgress...I forgot...my life sucks.

How did you get from a MD11 to 737 FO?

Dont be a hater. Just stating the facts. Get some pride little man. Its sure is sad that there are pilots out there willing to whore themselves out. People talk they need to feed there families and BS like that. Go sell cars it will pay as much or better. Manage the McD's, Home Depot or anything else. There are a lot of jobs that will pay 65k a year without harming the industry. Get some pride in yourself (That is for anyone thinking of applying to Skytrash). I made more then that flying a Kingair.

Red Dog

You need to relax.

And for the U.S. Marine on board. I know what 0311 is, but can't recall the 85 numbers. I remember all those weapons you have listed. I remember the M60E3! All 18.5 lbs not including a belt of 7.62.

LLB

Last edited:
For 65k you can get a job managing a Home depot or McDonalds. No self respecting pilot should be a 319 CA for that. It is pathetic that one would accept that.

The sad part is that they would have Apps if they offered 50/hour.

Latest resources

Back