Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The Skybus Innaugural flight yesterday....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
reddogggg....The glory days are OVER for Southworst....Jokes on YOU.

Reading some of you other posts, you went to SkyBus I take it. Well I guess the joke is on me. Just wait for a winter day and you cancel flights. Your customer service will be great...wait you don't have any.

I read the webiste....I almost thought it was a joke. Time will tell who the joke is on. I have a feeling you have tried to get on with SWA and did not.....I bet they saw right through you.

Well I guess the joke is on me. I get to drive to work, 1st year pay here....could be worse....3 months out of training and holding a line not reserve that has 17 days off and pays about 91 TFPs.....your right it sucks here...what was I thinking. I'll put my resume in right now.

Reading some of you other posts, you went to SkyBus I take it. Well I guess the joke is on me. Just wait for a winter day and you cancel flights. Your customer service will be great...wait you don't have any.

I read the webiste....I almost thought it was a joke. Time will tell who the joke is on. I have a feeling you have tried to get on with SWA and did not.....I bet they saw right through you.

Well I guess the joke is on me. I get to drive to work, 1st year pay here....could be worse....3 months out of training and holding a line not reserve that has 17 days off and pays about 91 TFPs.....your right it sucks here...what was I thinking. I'll put my resume in right now.

And you forgot RedDog to let him know your pay for those 91 hours? More than a SkyBus CPT..........

I stand corrected, I took another look at it...it is 17 days off, 93 Trips For Pay....63 block hours scheduled....with a 3 day reserve at the end. I guess I lied about the reserve...

To help keep cost down, here is a couple of cost cutting measures.

No overnights right now. DH to or from.

No paid parking at the airport.

No SIDA badges.

No respect.[/quote]

No Self-Respect on resume helps alot. You can sum it up in two words GO JET!

RedDog....Let me ask you simple question?

PAY FOR TRAINING?..is it true Southwest is paying for the type ratings now?

Thank you...

RedDog....Let me ask you simple question?

PAY FOR TRAINING?..is it true Southwest is paying for the type ratings now?

Thank you...

You know why Skybus pays $65,000 for captains??? because guys are willing to work fly airbuses for that little pay.

You know why SWA requires the 737 type rating???? because guys are willing to go get it.....Once hired, new hires still have to go thru training.

We are our own worst enemies.

SWA does not require anyone to Pay For Training, just meet their requirements.

Last edited:
Well did you pay for any of your ratings through your ATP?????

Don't assume I paid for a 737 type. You might become the first three letters

Well I think it is a good return on investment. I pay $4000 for a type-rating and get a good job paying more than a company that does not require it and pays less....Am I missing something? ICAO....I guess it in some weird way they are paying for the type-rating. I am just loaning the money which will be paid back with the increased wages. Look at it however you want.....Be grateful you have the best job in the industry.....It sucks to be me.

Last edited:
Not only that Red but plenty have made 60-65 as first year F/O's. You can also make 6 figures second year. What is Skytrash second year CA pay? Thats what I thought ICAO. You should be proud of yourself. Wow you are a captain...hahahaha. You are a disgrace to the profession $65g for a bus CA...what a joke. So I will pay for thr type and make the extra $40g year two. Pretty good return if you ask me. You were probably and Indy guy that couldnt go anywhere else. Little boy needed to be a whippy do captain. No self respecting pilot should apply or work for Skytrash.

But hey nice arguement about the type rating. Shall we compare benefits, QOL and self respect. How about the fact that you have buy cokes or water if you want them. Pretty sad!! Skytrash cant even provide its pilots a beverage. How about no pay while in training? Was that fun working for free for 6 weeks? Lets see at SWA I was paid 2000 every two weeks. So that covers your type rating.

Last edited:
You were probably and Indy guy that couldnt go anywhere else. Little boy needed to be a whippy do captain. No self respecting pilot should apply or work for Skytrash.

And here lies the problem. Why couldnt he go anywhere else? Why is qualified to be an Airbus Captain for Skybus, but not an FO for SWA. As long as we treat each other as second class citizens, there will be these startups with low paying jobs.

If the airlines would hire these qualified pilots, there would be no one left over for these skybuses of the world. But for some reason or another, they get left out of the game, and have to find something.

Latest resources

Back