Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The Skybus Innaugural flight yesterday....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I flew with a few Indy guys at FlexJet. One of them should not have had a pilots license. I wouldnt trust this moron on a riding lawn mower. He is probably the type at Skytrash. The others were great guys and sticks.

And here lies the problem. Why couldnt he go anywhere else? Why is qualified to be an Airbus Captain for Skybus, but not an FO for SWA. As long as we treat each other as second class citizens, there will be these startups with low paying jobs.

If the airlines would hire these qualified pilots, there would be no one left over for these skybuses of the world. But for some reason or another, they get left out of the game, and have to find something.

Just because you can fly a plane does not mean you should work for any company you want. We have a culture that most would not fit. The b-tching and complaining...yea we have it here....but rare. Flying an airplane is not hard...the job we do is not hard. Being a good person is not hard...fun to hang out with is not hard. Finding the person that meets all the above....well it seems to be hard. I won't even go into personal apperance. Is he the big overweight guy that can't fit into his suit. You are also selling an image with a company. Face it, you have to look the part as much as act the part....this will open up an new can of worms. I have a friend who has a brother who is 5'10" tall at a regional airline...a bottom feeder who is about 330 lbs. I told him noone will hire him unless he loses some weight and does not look like Jared did before subway. I dirgress...I forgot...my life sucks.

Check out that chick's boobs 2 minutes into the video. Perfect shot!

*Glad I could contribute to the discussion!*

S.
"hello. I'll have the cleavage.... errr... um, I mean, the special...."

65K to fly an 319, wow!

Oh well, I suppose flying a RJ50 for more would be brainsurgery for some!

If I was that hard up, I would go overseas for twice the pay!

Red, its great that you like your job. I respect that. But I get the feeling by reading your posts that you really think highly of yourself. Have you always looked down your nose at people? Southwest is a great company. However, not everyone wants your job. You made the comment about someone working for a "second rate" carrier because, as you said, they tried to get on with SWA and didn't. So if thats the case I guess you think that if they aren't "good enough" for SWA they shouldn't fly anymore instead of work for said "second rate" carrier?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back