Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The Skybus Innaugural flight yesterday....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I surely don't think highly of myself. I did not feel good when SWA didn't hire me on my first interview. I just laugh when everyone thinks they deserve a job because they have a ATP. The people that bash companies such as SWA...a lot... such as a few who are posting on this thread...I have a feeling by looking back at posts you made months ago...you had possibly just interviewed and now talk trash. If you were working at an airline that was bad and then you go to Skybus or the like then good on you for improving your QOL.
As for Skybus as a company....I wish they were not around. I wish a few airlines were not around...less to fight for business with. I apologize if it came across that I think I am better than the next guy but when it comes to getting a job it is a competition. Like it or not.

ICAO the MD-11 to 737....I don't get it? It is called moving to a different company.

As for Skybus as a company....I wish they were not around. I wish a few airlines were not around...less to fight for business with. .

I am sure that everyone wishes that SWA wasnt around either. Remember, SWA is the original Greyhound of the Skies.

That being said, you better hope that your company runs them out of business like AA did to Legend Air. Skybus may not seem like a threat now, but if they make it long enough to open a couple more "focus cities" they might have a chance or long term survival.

I am sure that everyone wishes that SWA wasnt around either. Remember, SWA is the original Greyhound of the Skies.

That being said, you better hope that your company runs them out of business like AA did to Legend Air. Skybus may not seem like a threat now, but if they make it long enough to open a couple more "focus cities" they might have a chance or long term survival.

I think you like talking trash for the sake of it. But you got me to respond.

I think they are a huge threat right now...not later. Time will tell if people like that kind of flying. No customer service...etc.. I took a look at their ticket prices. They are not cheap. Now add the charge for checking a bag...a soda or 2...a pillow, etc.... We will see. I hope they sink fast. for the employees...well they took a chance. That is life.

I think they are a huge threat right now...not later. Time will tell if people like that kind of flying. No customer service...etc.. I took a look at their ticket prices. They are not cheap. Now add the charge for checking a bag...a soda or 2...a pillow, etc.... We will see. I hope they sink fast. for the employees...well they took a chance. That is life.

I think the model can be successful, but not this airline as it stands now. The model can't help a poor business plan, and I can't see CMH being anything but a poor business plan.

Of course, this is all in fun, but I try not to talk trash or spread rumors. I only say the truth.

As far as the rest of what you said, SWA has already proven that people will settle for less. Used to fly on an airliner and they would feed you a little meal, now you might get a bag of nuts, thanks to .......yeah.

And ticket prices, SWA is not the cheapest either. SWA has one of the best ad campaigns, it has everyone thinking that SWA is the cheapest way to fly. Guess what? its not.

I am not trying to bash SWA, rather telling it like it is. And like I said, SWA better do something fast to stop this next "cancer" of our industry.

Here is the million dollar question...be man/woman enough to answer it. No answer will equal a YES. Do you fly for Skybus?...This is to SKI AND SURF

You know why Skybus pays $65,000 for captains??? because guys are willing to work fly airbuses for that little pay.

We are our own worst enemies.

/
i think this statement is spot on. the challenge is educating guys about seeing the big picture and i'm not quite sure how you go about that.

i've heard the argument recently that you can go to skybus to get airbus time. you shouldn't have to get airbus time. airbus time should be where you decide to retire. this has to be one of the few professions where someone will take less pay/benefits for operating larger/complex equipment because "it's cool."

Unfortunately thats the nature of the beast. I know many people that went to specific carriers to get heavy time, specific type time, etc because that will help them get their foot in the door of the place they want to retire from. This will never change. If you think it will you are fooling yourself. You will never be able to tell a CFI not to take a job flying a jet for the same pay. Of course everyone wants more money but sometimes people DO take a job to just better their equipment. The people that complain are the people NOT "whoring" themselves out because they are afraid that thier pay/job could be jeopardized. I try not to rush to judgement on people that take jobs that I personally wouldn't want. However, everyone has their own motivations and if they think their "path" is best for them then thats their choice. Everyone has to stick to thier own convictions.

Latest resources

Back