• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Thank-you Mesaba

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
All you brickthrowers from the outside should know that we were enjoined from striking by a bankruptcy judge, and faced an imposition deadline in late October. At the deadline, the MANAGEMENT backed down, calling negotiators in to make a deal. The MEC had told them "we are done, call us when you are ready to bargain". Mgmt. knew that imposing equaled chaos in all parts of the operation.

I think the mesaba pilots did quite well, considering the circumstances.
Wage recapture, raises post-amendable date, and a 14.2 million claim, which will probably pay out at 90-100 cents on the dollar. And our rates for the jets(if we get them) do not undercut anybody, and recover to industry average by amendable date.

What does YOUR contract say?

And if you think we should defy a Fed. judge and strike anyway, then YOU had better be there to bail out the MEC, Negotiatiors, and pay their mortgages after they are held personally liable. And I suppose you will give 1 for 1 seniority to all the laid off pilots, after the place shuts down and liquidates, at YOUR airline. Right? Kiss my working-pilot A**!!!!!

Most if not all 9E pilots realize that you were under a lot of pressure, and that your concessionary deal is better than our current contract.

That being said, the whole thing was BS from the beginning (I realize that XJ guys know it...)

Turbo

I've talked to a few 9E guys over the past couple of weeks. I was always concerned thay would be upset with the concessions at XJ. Those I have spoken with seemed to be very supportive. Thanks. Secondly, I was surprised to find out that the current offer put forth by 9E mgt was a ways BELOW the concessionary deal at XJ. The aquisition worries me. Any way of working towards a single list (I think RAH is a single list)? Good luck. Oh yeah, the Rat was awsome. Saw a picture in the ALPA mag. cya

Suuuurrrrrre. If you believe you'll ever see more than 5 cents on the dollar into your pocket, you need to put down the crack pipe.

The ALPA spin team is evidently still alive and well...

Slam away, I gotta get back to wrenching... :)

This is the Mesaba MEC pilot hotline for Friday, March 9th, 2007.

ALPA Claim Sale Update
ALPA has finalized an agreement with the firm of Goldman Sachs Credit Partners L.P. for the allocated shares of those pilots who directed ALPA to sell their portion of the ALPA Claim. Goldman will purchase the allocated shares to be sold – approximately 7.1 million dollars - at a price of 97 cents per claim dollar plus interest, if paid, up to 100 cents on the claim dollar.

Waiting for your retraction...

man, this a damn good crack pipe! quick, someone tell lear he was right and hundreds of us were wrong...all bow to the omniscient lear. Isn't it funny his real name is Richard?

Waiting for your retraction...
I stand corrected.

On this one, it's nice to be wrong. Glad you got almost all your money back.

There is no bigger tool than Lear. Proven over and over.

Funny how you guys keep slinging mud from the cover of anonymity.

Maybe I am a tool.

At least I'm not another spineless Flightinfo coward.

Have a nice weekend.

On this one, it's nice to be wrong. Glad you got almost all your money back.

Almost?.....The average check is about $24,000! Insert that into the mix with our contract over the next five years and it is a raise. I basically took a $2 an hour pay cut this year with an increase in medical costs. After that the increases begin again. I did vote no and was against many aspects of the war with management, but I do have to hand it to our MEC and Negotiators for the big check. Some good stuff some bad, but our volunteers worked very hard. The whole mess was bs, no doubt about that, but so was it at US Air, United, NWA......

Latest resources

Back