Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
:eek:

From your comments,

Let me guess you are, 21, or 22 years old. single and mom and dad paid your way through everything? Am i right? Its not a matter of moving on and screw everyone else in your way. Seriously your attitude is part of the problem!!:eek:

Well, I may agree or disagree with your post, but what's wrong with parents paying all the bills? Are you saying you paid all your bills from the day you were born? You couldn't even turn over from one side to the other without your parents’ help.

Why is it that in this industry we've developed a dislike for those who are more fortunate than those of us who had to work and get loans in order to pay for our training?

What if her/his parents did pay? What’s wrong with that? Some of the best grades in my college days were achieved by those who didn’t have to work their butts off in the evening and on the weekends because those fortunate gals/guys were studying when you and I were delivering pizza. I’m proud of how I did it, didn’t make a perfect 4.0, but at 3.58, I think I did well. I wish my parents paid for my tuition and training too, but I’m not bitter about someone if their parents had planned well, had the means, and were/are willing to support their kids. I plan to do the same for my kids! Are you going to be against my kids too?

And those whom I knew from college with that fortunate background, were also some of the most down-to-earth and level-headed people.

...Glad you got almost all your money back.

Actually, it will be a pay raise. The 97% is for those who sold their portion of the claim...for those who took the risk and didn't, well, they will probably see 100%.

The reason this is a pay raise, at the end of the day, is due to the snapback provisions in the TA. With the 900's coming there will be plenty of snapbacks, even after everyone got their concessions back in one lump sum from the bankruptcy claim.

It ended up being a pretty sweet deal!!!! The only thing that sucks is there's many blood-sucking corporate bankruptcy lawyers who have lined their pockets with the hard work of ever XJ employee. The company attorneys were complete idiots, and somehow they end up the being the real winners...I should have been a lawyer. :bawling:

Last edited:
I should have been a lawyer. :bawling:

You could have just hired Lear. He's a lawyer, accountant, airline pilot, expert mechanic and stock tipster. LOL

Seriously, congrats to you guys. If anyone deserves a break, it's the XJ guys and gals. Pretty tough 18 months. Good luck!

Latest resources

Back