• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Thank-you Mesaba

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is exactly right. If Mesaba went on strike over this are any of you guys going to pay their bills if they lost their jobs? I doubt it. Every one of you that think Mesaba Pilots are wrong to ratify the TA are really just a bunch of loud mouth hypocrites. EVERY SINGLE regional airline pilot out there has a job because they do it for less money than the company they code share for bottom line. How many of you 9E guys felt bad over the last few years that Northwest had almost 1000 furloughed pilots while your airplanes flew old DC-9 routes? And let’s not forget that you guys have those airplanes to begin with because of your sub standard contract. Or what about ASA or Comair who agreed to fly 70 seat jets at a fraction of what Delta pilots would fly for, again while Delta pilots were out of work. So all of you jag offs that want to whine about how Mesaba pilots are lowering the bar can shut the f^%$ up.

You are a tool. There is not a single 50-70 seat jet at any regional that was not VOTED AWAY by the mainline pilots you simpathize for. Regional pilots have always been poorly paid. The only difference is that now mainline pilots gave them jets to fly and suddenly you expect the pay to go up 300%.

Man, it kills me when a bunch of blowhards get on here and start hammering another pilot group about what they should or shouldn't have done. Every pilot group that's been put in the BK Death Grip over the last few years has had to roll over and take it. Nobody likes it, but that's the way it is.

XJ dudes I wouldn't go wetting all over yourself about what badasses you are. You and your mainline teat weren't in BK when you had to make that call. I think you made the right call, but the circumstances weren't nearly as dire as they were at Mesaba.

Mesaba guys/gals. Good call. A tough one, but the right one. Live to fight another day. Been there, done that and it sucks but I understand.

This is no surprise, but please spare us the "it's not that bad" spin. "Burn it down!", "not one penny!", etc proved to be BS. Again.

The only way anything is going to change is through education and organization. Appealing to people's desire to "uphold the profession" isn't going to cut the mustard when they're faced with whether to be stand-up or evicted. It might be worth considering the fate of the mesaba tough guys the next time you start an ill-advised bunch of macho chesthumping about your airline and how infallible your pilot group is.

Everybody wants everyone to fall on thier swords.... except themselves....

I stand by XJ!

Now there is something I agree with! It is true all the airlines want it to be someone else. I have to say if they want to fall on their sword so bad then let the ones egging Mesaba on do it! I bet they won't do it though.

Yes, the majors are hiring, or are going to start. CAL currently has over 15,000 aps on file. Are you going to be one of those lucky few who get on with a major as soon as you get your hours?
Actually, the majors are hiring a-plenty. We had 9 pilots resign just last week to go to majors, and 3 guys I work with in the training dept just got the good news from WN. CAL may have 15,000 apps, but they give preferential hiring to XJ pilots and they are supposed to hire 400 more pilots between now and May. There is pleanty of hiring going on. XJs attrition is out the roof and they are all going to WN, CAL, FDX, UPS, JetBlue, Alaska, and Airtran. If anything, this whole situation got everyone off their a$$ to move on!

Just another note for all those bitching about XJ...the average senoirity at XJ is about 10 years! The odds of you hitting your target audience on flightinfo is NIL! Most of the 68% that voted yes are old enough to be your fathers, and they don't read web boards. Instead of hiding behind the vail of flightinfo anonymity, try confronting these people one-on-one. You will be suprised to know that I had a senior guy in the sim yesterday, and he was discouraged that 32% voted NO. He was even more suprised when I told him that I voted NO!

Instead of hiding behind the vail of flightinfo anonymity, try confronting these people one-on-one.

But then they wouldn't be able to use those big internet balls and make their brash statements.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back