• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Thank-you Mesaba

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't blame the mesaba guys one bit for voting this in, I wish we would just vote in our pinnacle contract and get it over with so we can all move on. I came to pinnacle to fly my a$$ off and to get to where i really want to go, a major. I did not come here to STFD or what ever the heck you bitter guys say. Half of the people at pinnacle that will vote on our contract will not even be here in 1 year, so I don't understand why everyone gets so pissed off. There is nothing we can do to change what management is going to do. They are going to get what they need to make money. XJ is a perfect example. How long has this been going on to get the same results? Or we could be like comair and get the best contract ever, look where they are now, falling back to the rest of us. The current proposal on the table for pinnacle might not be the best, but it gives fo's a raise, and with current attrition and with the majors hiring, it wont even matter to over half the pilot group in 3 years. Would you rather spend that 3 years doing what ASA is doing right now? I don't. I say good job to the XJ Guys who were voting yes because they just want to move on and get to where they need to go. Now its our turn for our union to "not give one cent" and then do it anyway in the end.

You are soo wrong. I am embarrased to call you a co-worker. For the others reading...... Of all the people that I have met at 9E, I have only met ONE other that felt this way. And he was from........... Yep ERAU and Gulfstream both.

We will not settle for the companies existing proposal. Period.

Pot........meet kettle.

Last I checked United narrowbody guys were flying 90 hours MINIMUM a month.

Hey mesaba guys

Please do me a favor when we pass in the hall in DTW. Make the sign of an L on your forehead and keep on going. This is twice you guys have talked big and come up short. Never would have become a pilot if someone had told me I was going to keep company with whores and *************************'s.

I know, you will all tell me you voted no. Enjoy your 90 hrs of flying per month.

More BS from TNT, stop wasting our time with your ramblings.

Who's your carrier? Who do you work for? Come on man, let em drop, whip em out, and prove you are worth what you type.

Thank-you for proving my point!!

Hey Guys...68% of the ALPA industry (proven by NWA and MESA-BA) think this way. Open your eyes! The ones that disagree, are in the MINORITY.

SOLD OUT!!!

And I bet ol' Dee-Wayne Worthless ("Mr. I will not sign another concession-OH THERE'S ANOTHER ONE I WILL GLADLY SIGN-ary contract will put his foot down, right? Sell-outs!

(I'd like to revise my first post...SKYWEST should be substituted for CHICKEN-TACO/Re-PUBIC. At least SKYWEST has the balls to stay out of the ALPA mess, and keep their 2% every month.)

well the check for the Car, Visa Bill, Rent, and Phone Bills are most likely cut by his daddy

One would think he would have to be, considering the place of employment. "Hey dad, I went over on my text's this month."

just find the next time DMB is rolling through Chi-town and you will find TNT there in the front row

Everyone seems to forget that Mesaba is in bankruptcy. A sham one or not it is a legal fact. That being said this entire concessionary deal was forced upon the employees. It was not as if the company came and said if you give up this we will get more planes etc. As a matter of fact, pre-bankruptcy when Mesaba was awarded those 15 CRJ's the company did come to the union looking for financial relief to the contract and the union said no. Had they said yes at that time then all of the "you lowered the bar" folks would be justified in what they are saying.

The bankruptcy gives little to no room. We were faced with a bad choice and a worse choice. Be imposed upon with this or vote for something better. No other choice. If the vote were to have come out as no then we would have been imposed upon and the legal process would have continued to what end? More speculation.

As an emotional issue sure it was no brainer to vote no because you're mad at the company. Take the emotion out of it and there were good reasons to vote for it and against it. But again it boils down to a bad choice and a worse choice.

It has been interesting listening to everyone during this process especially the more vocal of us, and most of what has been said/predicted by those has been wrong; Mesaba will never declare bankruptcy. Mesaba will never furlough anyone. This is all a bluff. Northwest will not get rid of the Avros. Mesaba will not be a 49 Saab fleet, etc etc. Those saying no the loudest were saying these things from the get go, and I don't see a very good track record in their predictions to date nor what they thought a voting down of the TA would bring.

http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthr...23#post1160223

Was there ever any doubt that the TA would pass? This is the second time in the last 5 years that Mesaba pilots have pounded their chests and then backed down. They talk the talk but crumble at crunch time. XM management has got to love ALPA leadership. They sure make their job easier.

Latest resources

Back