Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA today like the airline in the book, "Nuts!"?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You'll prob start seeing more as the pissed off ones are forced over.

I hear the CP's office got a call recently asking why the latest class of AirTran pilots was so "unenthusiastic." I think they're in for a rude awakening for the rest of the transition. The happy-go-lucky guys who all pissed their pants with glee at the thought of being a SWA employee all went over as soon as they could. That's what they've been seeing for the most part for the first year of the transition. Now they start getting everyone else, and they'll see just how their piss-poor employee relations towards us really affected things.

Sorry, obviously I still don't agree with your characterizations, but thanks for at least being civil about the fact that we don't see eye to eye on what happened or might have happened.

I actually have no problem being civil towards 99% of the SWA pilots. Hell, I'd happily buy a beer for the guys on the SWAPA MC. I have no animosity there. It's just the handful of guys who can't help but be completely arrogant a-holes. Guys like waveflyer and canyonblue. They deserve nothing but derision. As best I can remember, you've never behaved like them, so we're cool. :)

Not enough time for Arby prep, so that's why no vote...even SWAPA isn't that unprepared for negotiations...

So ALPA should have disregarded the will of its dues paying membership and capitulated to the demands of SWAPA and Gary Kelly?

ALPA did what the majority of the membership was telling them to do. The first agreement was an insult and it was rightfully rejected by the MEC.

Is this the same overwhelming majority that recalled their union representatives for not sending AIP1 out for membership ratification?

On Tuesday, AirTran pilots voted in favor of recalling three of their union leaders, amid discontent over the union leadership decision to decline the first offer.

http://www.ajc.com/news/business/southwest-raises-possibility-of-alternate-plan-for/nQMdG/

Is this the same overwhelming majority that recalled their union representatives for not sending AIP1 out for membership ratification?

On Tuesday, AirTran pilots voted in favor of recalling three of their union leaders, amid discontent over the union leadership decision to decline the first offer.

http://www.ajc.com/news/business/southwest-raises-possibility-of-alternate-plan-for/nQMdG/

You conveniently ignore the fact that none of this recall nonsense started right after the vote. It only came after Gary started making the public veiled threats. The pilots were fine with the MEC's vote (except for a tiny minority of pilots) until Gary made them piss their panties.

You conveniently ignore the fact that none of this recall nonsense started right after the vote. It only came after Gary started making the public veiled threats. The pilots were fine with the MEC's vote (except for a tiny minority of pilots) until Gary made them piss their panties.

So you're telling me the same "MAJORITY" that was screaming don't put AIP1 out for a vote, was the "MAJORITY" that voted to recall the union representatives for not putting AIP1 out for a vote? You can obviously see how that seems completely counterintuitive right?

So you're telling me the same "MAJORITY" that was screaming don't put AIP1 out for a vote, was the "MAJORITY" that voted to recall the union representatives for not putting AIP1 out for a vote? You can obviously see how that seems completely counterintuitive right?

It only seems strange if you weren't here to see it. Pilots who were frothing at the mouth insisting that the MEC vote down AIP1 were, just a week later, frothing at the mouth demanding their recall for doing so. People flip-flopped faster than John McCain trying to win an election.

It only seems strange if you weren't here to see it. Pilots who were frothing at the mouth insisting that the MEC vote down AIP1 were, just a week later, frothing at the mouth demanding their recall for doing so.

And you are so fond of claiming that SWAPA lacks integrity, unbelievable!

The cowardice of the membership didn't rear its ugly head until after GK sent out his mildly threatening letter the week after the MEC voted down the TA. Prior to that, the pilot group was at least 3-1, probably 4-1, opposed to the deal, and demanding that the MEC vote it down. The anger that the deal was even reached was palpable. But as soon as GK started throwing around some "scary" words, a lot of people got weak in the knees. A lot more than I ever would have expected, especially after a 98% strike vote just a year prior.
Nice attempt to rewrite history. Have you seen the email from the MCO LEC Secretary/Treasurer to the Merger Committee Vice Chair:

"Keep up the good work. Ninety percent of the pilots I speak with want to vote. How can I put more pressure on?"

Or the email from the MEC Secretary/Treasurer to the MEC:

"At least 80% of the folks I have heard from want to be able to vote."

Let me know if you need the document numbers. Your recollection of history would be a lot better if you read through more of the emails and documents produced by ALPA.

Nice attempt to rewrite history. Have you seen the email from the MCO LEC Secretary/Treasurer to the Merger Committee Vice Chair:

"Keep up the good work. Ninety percent of the pilots I speak with want to vote. How can I put more pressure on?"

Or the email from the MEC Secretary/Treasurer to the MEC:

"At least 80% of the folks I have heard from want to be able to vote."

Let me know if you need the document numbers. Your recollection of history would be a lot better if you read through more of the emails and documents produced by ALPA.

Didn't the MCO and MKE reps poll each one of their pilots in base to come up with their no vote?

Oh yeah, 76% of statistics are made up on the spot. :)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back