• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA to speed up Airtran integration.....article

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
786 hrs! I flew less than 250 hrs last year but I was on reserve. AT flying was slooooooooow but I live in domicile so it was a great year! I am one of those hoping to be in the last group to cross the partition. I'd rather have a better life than more money.

Phred

Sorry, but at Southwest we expect you to fly, correct that, we will make you fly. One of the reasons we have made a profit for 40+ years, no slackers. Looks like it's a good thing that the SWA pay happens when you cross into SWA land. At that level of inefficiency, we'd go broke.

I am a 7 year ATL 737 FO and I won't be able to go until 2014 at the earliest.
That is a big loss of pay as well.

Britpilot
My combined seniority is 69xx

You may want to recheck that. You would be one of the most sr guys on the property. If AAI FO's got 4 digit seniority then we really got hosed.

Last edited:
canyon....GFY. I guess you are just so clouded by Koolaid that you think all AT folks are slackers.

Do you know how to read? I'll write it again slowly for you and the folks from Rio Linda... I AM ON RESERVE. I am not able to pick up trips, not able to get any premium time or "work the system" in ANY way. I can only fly when I get called and when I am called, I go.

I had a great year because I got to spend a lot of time with my wife and kids, got paid, and didn't work much. It was just a slow year.

Phred

I'm a 10 yr AirTran Cpt...including per diem did just shy of 201K in 2012.....now that was working the system, flying premium trips when I could get them. I definitely sacrificed days off to make more. Hoping to make something close to that over at SWA as an FO, but I understand you have to hustle to do it...just like at AT...FWIW

UALX-

The short answer-- EASY to do. If you're willing to hustle. And you can top that number.

Be flexible. And be willing to work, and it can be done. No problem.

I AM ON RESERVE. I am not able to pick up trips, not able to get any premium time or "work the system" in ANY way. I can only fly when I get called and when I am called, I go.

Phred

I understand you're on Reserve chud, what does that have to do with picking up trips? You said you live in base, if you only flew around 20 hours a month, by most accounts that would only be 3 days each month. Why wouldn't you fly on your off days to pad your paycheck, living in base would make that a great deal. That is why some senior guys who live in Domicile pick up Reserve during the slow months. At SWA you get 15 days off on reserve, and if I only flew 3 days, I would pad that for big money.

What is wrong with your reading comprehension? I do not know how to put it any clearer:

When awarded a reserve line at AT, you are not allowed to pick up extra trips on off days. You can only fly when they call you! A reserve guy is not allowed to do any extra flying.

Read it often and sloooowly until you understand it...see ya next year.

Phred

You may want to recheck that. You would be one of the most sr guys on the property. If AAI FO's got 4 digit seniority then we really got hosed.

He wasn't telling you his employee number. He said he's 69xx out of 79xx pilots on the combined list.

Latest resources

Back