• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA to speed up Airtran integration.....article

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Oh man, I don't really remember off the top of my head, since we don't fly to Nashville and most of my family is here, I only use 2 or 3 a year (Mom's on my passes and parent travel is unlimited, Dad has his USAirways retirement bennies and has better priority on them than us).

I seem to remember it was 6 yearly, not attendance-based, and in Sep-Oct they usually throw 2 more out there just to generate a little extra cash for the slow months, have to use them those two months...???

Someone else who uses them could verify,,,

SWA's is similar, is it not? Would have loved to have horse traded a few with someone - my fiance' and I travel to her Dad's in MSY regularly and the non-stops from BNA down there on SWA are a lot more convenient. That said, with her last two non-rev experiences, she has simply purchased tickets lately. Said anything under $1,000 round-trip beats sitting in an airport all day on one of the few days she gets off. Had a couple bad experiences out of ATL with morning flights being wide open, having an evening flight leave a bunch of people, and suddenly it's full all day.

Ahh, the joys of non-revving. I grew up with it and am used to it, but forget how aggravating it is for people who aren't.

Last edited:
12 one ways a year. 4 extra in Sep-Oct. Total of 8 round trips if properly utilized. I use all mine and then some, family well-schooled in non-rev travel :).

Yep, one tfp of sick leave and you lose the points for the month. Call in sick Feb 27 and stay sick till 1 Mar and you lose two months.

You earn points to buy passes or gift cards for use on the swa website, problem is, the items for sale are about twice the price as those on amazon.

Ridiculous process, punishing the masses for the abuses of the few.

Yep, one tfp of sick leave and you lose the points for the month. Call in sick Feb 27 and stay sick till 1 Mar and you lose two months.

You earn points to buy passes or gift cards for use on the swa website, problem is, the items for sale are about twice the price as those on amazon.

Ridiculous process, punishing the masses for the abuses of the few.

Whoa, whoa, wait a second. They changed your buddy pass system so that if you happen to be sick more than a certain number of days in a year, you lose your buddy passes???

I can understand earning points to buy EXTRA passes or something else of promotional value, but if buddy passes were part of the previous compensation package, albeit not contractual, it seems pretty crappy to penalize someone who might genuinely break a leg snow skiing or something and be out a few months.

Haven't said anything about it on our side of the partition, and they "streamlined" our buddy and companion passes a while back, thought what they did for you guys, they'd do for us (although our sick penalty is already spelled out in a lower accrual rate for calling out sick more than 4 times in a rolling 12 month period, so we already have a penalty for it).

They gave no heads-up on this, just hit us with this today.

This will obviously improve moral.

To let you in on how demonstrably bad this new plan will effect pilots and our requirement by FAR to remove ourselves from work, this new plan is called the "perfect attendance program".

To let you in on how demonstrably bad this new plan will effect pilots and our requirement by FAR to remove ourselves from work, this new plan is called the "perfect attendance program".

Holly crap! They want pilots to push the envelope when they are not feeling well and come to work?? I haven't said this in awhile (sorry Bubba) but that's really taking the "warrior spirit" too far!

Last edited:

Has SWAPA provided a response? I realize it may be a little early, but there does seem to be a clear conflict of interest.

Latest resources

Back