Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I like it when the Genital is in Gabon.

Intelligent discusions are great...

Sorry, way too senior for Gabon. (Africa, for that matter) We don't even go there, and even Gabon is probably nicer than AMA, MAF, LBB, and ELP in the same day, which I am sure you guys do. Hey, GO ENJOY THAT.

Bye Bye--General Lee

where did they find this general lee dude?

Welcome to this Planet. Who are "they" by the way? Are you doing the 1 2 3 rule right now?

Bye Bye---General Lee

The SWA pilots are not knee jerked to stapling anyone but were being realists as to the situation. Not all situations are the same. Buying an airline that is in bankruptcy in which the pilots are at risk at being put on the street in the near future and their present pay rates, scheduling, and benefits are soooo far below par that even being stapled with some pay protection would be fabulous for them in the long term. I can't imaigine even General Lee disagreeing if Delta was buying Frontier. Can you imagine the outrage at Delta if there was a Delta/Frontier combination and the Frontier pilots demanded a perfect ratio integration?

Now, if SWA were to buy an airline that was NOT in bankruptcy, was actually making money (without the benefit of stiffing creditors and debt holders via the protection of bankruptcy laws) and the pilots had an established decent level of pay and benefits, I don't think the SWA pilots would expect to see them stapled. It all depends on the situation.

Is Alaska a possibility for SWA?

I never said DL would go for a Staple, which is what you are inferring. I think we would allow arbitrators to look at it, and they would look at career expectations, and what F9 brought to the table. I bet it wouldn't be a STAPLE, but it certainly wouldn't be DOH or even relative. DL and NWA were about equal in size and history, and the 3 neutrals decided on what was fair. Bringing in Alaska or a F9 would be no different. But the SWAPA guys just added insult after injury---and wanted nothing less than a krap sandwich for the F9 guys. SWAPA and USAPA are pretty close these days when comparing egos.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Airtran or Alaska would not be stapled. Of course SWAPA would start with that. But a relative integration would be worked out I am sure. A bankrupt carrier that is close to liquidating, you bet ya .

Hello? F9 had another offer. No liquidation was in sight. Republic had a standing offer and Kelly wanted to dominate DEN outright. Oh well....

Bye Bye--General Lee

SWA is going to go after Alaska.

Maybe SWA will buy Delta. Ditch the DAL domestic stuff, excpt hang on to Song (because Song really sticks it to Air Tran and Jet Blue). And then Genital Lee could get on SWA's health plan and get the sex change surgery he as longed for.

I think it's really amusing how you use both user names (crj567) and this one to say the same old tired ******************** you do every time!

So will we...........I bet....

Bye Bye--General Lee

Genital, stop being so hard on yourself. Everyone makes mistakes once in awhile. Especially stupid people, like yourself.

Not all situations are the same. Buying an airline that is in bankruptcy in which the pilots are at risk at being put on the street in the near future and their present pay rates, scheduling, and benefits are soooo far below par that even being stapled with some pay protection would be fabulous for them in the long term.
Did it work that way in the past? Isn't that what the AWA/USAirways merger should have looked like? But instead the "half-dead" pilot group with one foot already on the street ended up completely hosing the stable and growing pilot group.

Now, if SWA were to buy an airline that was NOT in bankruptcy, was actually making money (without the benefit of stiffing creditors and debt holders via the protection of bankruptcy laws) and the pilots had an established decent level of pay and benefits, I don't think the SWA pilots would expect to see them stapled. It all depends on the situation.
You're right. Just assume for a moment that the leadership of SWA decided to give up the all-737 fleet and purchase Hawaiian Airlines (a growing, profitable company that is in even better financial shape than SWA). Would the SWA pilot group insist on a staple there? I doubt it. In fact, they might even have their tongues hanging out so far at the thought of flying widebodies to Hawaii, Australia, and Tahiti that they'd even consider DOH? Or maybe a ratioed integration? How much say-so would the HA group have?

Just have to wonder.

HAL

It would probably be a great merger for both companies, but it will never happen, because we won't bend over and take SWAPA's SLI screw-job. They can keep their stapler for someone else, thanks.

you and the rest of the "staple screw job" kids are not smart. It's obvious you know nothing about mergers and ACQUISITIONS.

Latest resources

Back