• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA searching for more deals, SWAPA salivating----article

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If Southwest had bought USAir, and succeeded in stapling their pilots, it's possible that Sully might have been relegated to the right seat with a relatively much less experienced pilot in his place.

The Busses would be gone. He'd been an FO in a 737. You could send a flock of Taradactiles carrying Chuck Norris, and the motors wouldn't have even sputtered. Those birds would have been sliced, diced, and bar-b-qued with no news to report. Sully would be still trying to figure out our round dials. "Did we hit something?"

If it aint Boeing, I ain't going.

The Busses would be gone. He'd been an FO in a 737. You could send a flock of Taradactiles carrying Chuck Norris, and the motors wouldn't have even sputtered. Those birds would have been sliced, diced, and bar-b-qued with no news to report. Sully would be still trying to figure out our round dials. "Did we hit something?"

The USAir Eastie buses have the same engine as your 737.

Funny!

Again, you are the one who doesn't seem to understand. F9 already had another bid, and was not going away. They had a large share of the pax at DEN, and brought gates/slots from airports you couldn't get into. I call that things of value, and their pilots had it in their contract (not dropped by the BK judge) that they had to go with the assets. If you wanted a bigger piece of the pie in DEN, faster upgrades, etc, SWAPA should have given them SOMETHING. Something other than a STAPLE, which was a slap in the face. Now, SWA has helped create a larger competitor (Republic), you have lost quicker upgrades, you can't place those extra planes anywhere, and Kelly looked a bit "amateurish" according to some analysts and probably some Wall Streeters. At least you guys are "pals" now, and that TA will be done tomorrow, right???

Bye Bye--General Lee

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/obsession

• Main Entry: ob·ses·sion
  • Pronunciation: \äb-ˈse-shən, əb-\
  • Function: noun
  • Date: 1680
1 : a persistent disturbing preoccupation with an often unreasonable idea or feeling; broadly : compelling motivation <an obsession with SWA>

2 : something that causes an obsession <SWA>

ob·ses·sion·al \-ˈsesh-nəl, -ˈse-shə-nəl\ adjective
ob·ses·sion·al·ly adverb

Alaska and Airtran are the only things that make sense to me.
Alaska seems pretty cozy with DAL, but Airtran would be a pretty good fit for WN so maybe? Sun Country also comes to mind, but they don't really fly anywhere Southwest couldn't go on their own.

I don't see a lot of possibilities.

My bet is AirTran:

- They'd make a hel.l of a lot of noise in ATL.

- Would be a major player in MKE ( major trouble for Republic).

- Gain DCA access/expand LGA access

-Take out the competition in BWI

- Solidify MCO

- Substantial 737 fleet already in place

- 717's could be replaced with new 737's on order

It would probably be a great merger for both companies, but it will never happen, because we won't bend over and take SWAPA's SLI screw-job. They can keep their stapler for someone else, thanks.

Latest resources

Back