• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA or DAL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I find it funny, that you think you know me. Cus you don't.

GO DAWGS!!!

He is so immature because he had his life handed to him on a silver platter
You seem to think I was in the Military, I was not. :eek:

I also find it funny how someone would not factor in the things I listed above when conducting a job search. I just feel that ones job search should be conducted with brains not ego. Y'all fail to see when people jump my $hit from all angles. You only see when I give it back. Well, ladies the beatings will continue for awhile, cus I don't roll over (like some have). Get use to it.

the SWA/FO :pimp:

Last edited:
If international flying is so great how come NEW hires are getting it right out of training?
Never said it was great, said it was what I enjoyed!

Not a whole lot to worry about between HOU - DAL.
On the contrary sport, FAA statistics show more violations are handed out on short legs with more cycles than 1 cycle. I'm sure you know that, but are just being.....Well, the swa/fo

But what I never worry about is my next paycheck, if my company IS going to be getting new airplanes, my retirement money or if my company will survive bankruptcy.
Not yet sparky, but just wait. I'm sure you know the saying about "glass houses." Maybe not, living in your trailer in Kansas probably has you "clouded."
As for my retirement....Don't worry about it. My 2% and 9% are doing just fine!

I guess, you Delta folks like the long legs so you can think of all the problems you have on your way to your 28 hour European overnight w/ no money to spend cus your company took it away from you.
No, but it does keep us out of airports like ISP or DAL where you guys taxi at lightning speed! And its pretty funny that you mention that our company took it all. DL is still one of the highest paying legacy carriers out there. Another clueless wonder!

But I guess, since the old lady went back to work maybe you can spend some cash.

GO SIU!!!

the SWA/FO

Better than having your old man going back to work, eh sport?;)

Never said it was great, said it was what I enjoyed!

Ok, if people enjoy it so much, why are new hires getting it out of training?

Ok, if people enjoy it so much, why are new hires getting it out of training?

Who wants to be junior or on reserve on a piece of equipment that has longer reserve call outs? My buddy over there said they have 8 24 hour call outs for the international guys, and that may be tough for someone who doesn't live close to NYC. If you are a line holder with a schedule, I bet it would be easier. More and more international flying will mean more people bidding over there, but that newhire will be junior and on reserve for years on that plane.

Does that make sense to you? How senior are the LBB trips at SWA? What about CLE? That sounds great. Tulsa in the winter must be fun. Good for you.

Does that make sense to you? How senior are the LBB trips at SWA? What about CLE? That sounds great. Tulsa in the winter must be fun. Good for you.

they go very senior... no new hires get them.

As for my retirement....Don't worry about it. My 2% and 9% are doing just fine!

...DL is still one of the highest paying legacy carriers out there....

There will be a higher percentage of pilots flying international at DAL going forward. Why? CRJ-90s and EMB-175/190s doing domestic flying on the expanding regional side. I know I wouldn't want Mesa flying under my airline's banner. What ever happened to the high quality push at Delta?

So yes, newhires will feel the love of NYC reserve with the occassion international trip to enjoy. Pan Am and TWA also had a lot of international they liked to talk about. Maybe a deal with Republic and Mesa will keep your fat out of the fire and keep you from the same fate. Maybe not.

5-6 legs a day at SWA for more than the occasional (junior) trip? General, you are truly smoking crack on this one. Folks have told you it is false, yet you continue to say it. Your reputation is suffering becuase of it.

Bragging about being one of the highest paying Legacies? We are back to Delta of old. Bragging about the Delta lifestyle and pay. We know where that got you guys after 9/11. Good luck with that.

On the plus side--Delta is about to hire a ton of new flight attendants. Anytime an airline starts to hire big you see it. Have fun on those international layovers while the SWA guys are vacationing with the family. Different strokes for different folks.

Last edited:
Who wants to be junior or on reserve on a piece of equipment that has longer reserve call outs? My buddy over there said they have 8 24 hour call outs for the international guys, and that may be tough for someone who doesn't live close to NYC. If you are a line holder with a schedule, I bet it would be easier. More and more international flying will mean more people bidding over there, but that newhire will be junior and on reserve for years on that plane.

This post makes no sense to me....

We have a 24 hour layover in NRT (from ATL) which equates to a 28 hour 3 day trip, and the JFK--BOM trip has a 48 hour layover, and the leg from BOM to JFK can be 17 hours nonstop, with two full crews and an upper deck crew rest facility with bunks.

Bye Bye--General Lee

You are of course correct General. There certainly are a variety of layovers, that's why I prefaced my comment with "most". It's a generality, General.:D

Most of my trips to Sao Paulo, Rio, and Santiago Chile have 36 hour layovers, while most of my London, Munich, Milan etc trips have 24 hour layovers. There are of course exceptions, I just got of a trip with a 13 hour GRU layover and my last Brussels trip had a 48 hour layover.

Latest resources

Back