• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA or DAL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Nostradamus? It is interesting how one pilot can fingure out the state of a company, yet the whole industry can only try to duplicate it.

SWA is still profitable and the Titanic was still floating after it hit the iceberg, but for how long?

I'm not saying that SWA will suffer a similar fate, but the ship is beginning to take on water.

SWA year over year comparisons

Net profit down 18.6%

EPS down 22.2%

Net margin down 32%

Cash down 30.5%

Long term debt up 12.4%

Fuel hedge costs up $9/barrel

4th Q fuel expenses up 41%

Labor costs up 9.7%

Last edited:
We don't have to do 6 legs a day (on the majority of trips) like SWA pilots do.

You have to be about the biggest moron in aviation. How did you ever find Atlanta for an interview? If I had to fly 6 legs I assure you I would rather do 6 legs at Southwest, then one with you.

I happen to like the auto throttle too, makes it really easy. (but, to throw in a challenge, I click it off at 1000 ft). Good luck to you.
Bye Bye--General Lee

Based on the amount of flying you do I would imagine you would be dangerous to even the birds in the sky without all that equipment backing you up.

SWA is still profitable and the Titanic was still floating after it hit the iceberg, but for how long?

I'm not saying that SWA will suffer a similar fate, but the ship is beginning to take on water.

SWA year over year comparisons

Net profit down 18.6%

EPS down 22.2%

Net margin down 32%

Cash down 30.5%

Long term debt up 12.4%

Fuel hedge costs up $9/barrel

4th Q fuel expenses up 41%

Labor costs up 9.7%

Be careful what you wish for. SWA in bankruptcy would be all of your worst nightmares rolled into one. Besides, anyone can take all that information you post and get your doom and gloom. Here's one fact you forgot to post. Southwest is getting a new 737 every 10 days and paying CA$H. That's right $42,000,000 that we could leave to the bottom line if we chose to lease our airplanes. Just how many planes does Delta own?

General,

The six leg thing is all but history, I know you are just trying to rile SWA/FO but it's getting old. Get your info right. BTW, I live in the ATL and I'd rather commute to SWA than work for DAL. I don't dislike DAL at all. You have some really great folks there. Hell, most of my neighbors work there. I just don't understand how so many pilots can be so proud to work for a company they hate so much. You know exactly what I mean when I say that! I hope things do get better there. Our (ATL) economy depends on it!

Upgrade is still 5-6 years

What have you been smoking?

There goes that magical lie again about SWA upgrades...everyone's been spewing it for this entire decade. Nobody has upgraded at SWA in five years since the last century.

For those hired now, it will be 7+ years. Not bad, I have a friend who's halfway there already, but it's not five. Or six.

You have to be about the biggest moron in aviation. How did you ever find Atlanta for an interview? If I had to fly 6 legs I assure you I would rather do 6 legs at Southwest, then one with you.

Based on the amount of flying you do I would imagine you would be dangerous to even the birds in the sky without all that equipment backing you up.

Yeah, whatever jacka#@. Guess what? A lot of people don't want to do multiple legs in the same plane for the rest of their careers, they are already done with the regionals. Quoting directly from one of your FO's --"They work us like dogs..." You do your flying, and I will do mine, which includes options to do a lot of different types of flying. Congrats on your pay, which was a direct result of our pay rates at DL. Someday we will try to get back to your rates, as long as you can hold on to them. You never know.... And I do fly often, just turns mainly, which is ANOTHER thing your company doesn't really offer. (except maybe intra Texas maybe??) Turns to St Thomas and San Juan (which are in the Carribbean, you know, the water below Florida....) from ATL. Almost 8 hours of flying in a day, and still time to get on Flightinfo---every darn day. C ya.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Yeah, whatever jacka#@. Guess what? A lot of people don't want to do multiple legs in the same plane for the rest of their careers, they are already done with the regionals. Quoting directly from one of your FO's --"They work us like dogs..." You do your flying, and I will do mine, which includes options to do a lot of different types of flying. Congrats on your pay, which was a direct result of our pay rates at DL. Someday we will try to get back to your rates, as long as you can hold on to them. You never know.... And I do fly often, just turns mainly, which is ANOTHER thing your company doesn't really offer. (except maybe intra Texas maybe??) Turns to St Thomas and San Juan (which are in the Carribbean, you know, the water below Florida....) from ATL. Almost 8 hours of flying in a day, and still time to get on Flightinfo---every darn day. C ya.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah :puke: :puke: :puke:

General,

The six leg thing is all but history, I know you are just trying to rile SWA/FO but it's getting old. Get your info right. BTW, I live in the ATL and I'd rather commute to SWA than work for DAL. I don't dislike DAL at all. You have some really great folks there. Hell, most of my neighbors work there. I just don't understand how so many pilots can be so proud to work for a company they hate so much. You know exactly what I mean when I say that! I hope things do get better there. Our (ATL) economy depends on it!

That is a lie. I know a SWA pilot and he tells me about his trips. He is based in OAK, and he read me off the long 4 day, which included one day-- OMA--STL--MCO--BWI--ALB. The day before he went OAK--LAX---LAS--ABQ--PHX--OMA. Ridiculous. No thanks. I usually go ATL--STT--ATL, and enjoy the tropical breeze for the 1 hour sit down there. It really is nice.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back