• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA or DAL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I imagine you are a nice person, but when you get on these SWA threads with some of the anger you exhibit, it obviously has some Freudian overtones. You might not see it, but even some alcoholics don't know they have a problem until someone tells them.

Thanks for believing that I am nice. Oh, I know I have issues believe me.....don't we all have some sort of issue?

But the same thing could be said about the guys/gals at SWA that freak out when you say anything negative about SWA. (check out post 239.....the guy doesn't even say anything bad about SWA but has to preface it with "this is not SWA bashing"). I mean, I lost 2 friends because of the SWA koolaid for Christ's sake.

Last edited:
I mean, I lost 2 friends because of the SWA koolaid for Christ's sake

You lost two friends, cus you're an a$$. Don't be disrespecting SWA. Nobody makes fun of Brown. What can Brown do for you?

LOL!

Yeah, you are right. I am so upset that I didn't win a scholarship at SWA and that I am making over $100K at UPS that I still have my application in at SWA.

:rolleyes: (look....I am blue in the face!) :laugh:

Just answer one question for me! Did you apply at SW and did you get turned down bu SW. (no flame just curious)

Thanks for believing that I am nice. Oh, I know I have issues believe me.....don't we all have some sort of issue?

But the same thing could be said about the guys/gals at SWA that freak out when you say anything negative about SWA. (check out post 239.....the guy doesn't even say anything bad about SWA but has to preface it with "this is not SWA bashing"). I mean, I lost 2 friends because of the SWA koolaid for Christ's sake.

It is called passion. people at SW are passionate about their company and job. That is their secret. passionate people. If anyone on this forum can't understand that I can't help you than.

You lost two friends, cus you're an a$$. Don't be disrespecting SWA. Nobody makes fun of Brown. What can Brown do for you?

What would you know about the situation? One stabbed me in the back because they love SWA so much (and I hope you are reading this Benedict Arnold) and the other....well, I don't want to get into it about the other one cuz it's none of your business.

I really could care less what you say about UPS.....you can say you hate it, you can say whatever you want. I could give a crap. I will never understand why some of you get your panties in a wad when someone says anything remotely negative about SWA. Nothing wrong with liking where you work....I think it's great to love your job but some of you guys are on the verge of radicalism.

Just answer one question for me! Did you apply at SW and did you get turned down bu SW. (no flame just curious)

I applied for and interviewed for a SWA 737 type rating scholarship through Women in Aviation and didn't get it. Basically, if you got it, you got put in class right away. It was a blessing in disguise....it would have been hard to leave SWA on 3rd or 4th year pay to go to UPS making $26K. I also really don't want to have the stigma following me around that I "won" a job. I am glad things turned out the way they did.

It is called passion. people at SW are passionate about their company and job. That is their secret. passionate people. If anyone on this forum can't understand that I can't help you than.

You call it passion....I have other words for it.

I flew Tower Air 747s, and I knew what it was like to be away for awhile. From what I hear from my Delta friends is that there are plenty of 3 day European trips on Delta, with many worth over 20 hours. There is a 28 hour 3 day to tokyo from ATL on the 777. Most of the Summer International flights are 3 days, since the flights go to daily instead of 4 or 5 times a week in the slower winter months. So, would you rather do a 3 day to Munich from ATL, see the Haufbrauhaus, and come back with 20 hours, or go DAL-LBB--ABQ--LAS--SJC--PDX the first day, and repeat for the next two? Delta also has the option of some 6 day trips to fill up quicker and allow larger chunks off in the month. My buddies say the flights over there are a first class buffet on the way over (First class meals and a 3 hour break to watch a movie in the rest seat), on the way to Happy Hour. (Eating with the crew and enjoying the sights in Europe). Sounds better than the 1 2 3 rule at SWA. But, you should enjoy that security and great pay check at Southwest while you have it. If it works for you, then great.

I'd argue that the main appeal to the international flying at DAL, UAL, etc... has more to do with the efficiency of the trips than it does the layovers, airplane size or first class buffets. Everyone agrees that the novelty wears off quickly. Once it's gone, it's all about maximizing your time away by flying the plane when you're at work and getting back to the family. I did four years at a legacy and am coming up on year two at SWA. I wish I had done my homework the first time around and I would encourage our thread starter to do the same. Dig through the financials of each company to make the most informed decision possible.

Last edited:

You lost two friends, cus you're an a$$. Don't be disrespecting SWA.

Oh you mean like you don't disrespect other airlines??

SWA/FO said:
It must be fun flying for a BANKRUPT carrier? Delta sucks and is going nowhere very slowly.

You don't even have a horse in this race.
Here...I'll even put the link in it for you!

http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?p=1276671#post1276671

You really are a jerk! I bet you got beat up a lot as a little kid! My bet, you're probably not much older than a little kid!
I pity the captains that get stuck flying with (insert really cool voice here) THE SWA/FO!

Cheers!

Did I touch a nerve? The "disrespecting line" was from the dude that claims SWA disrespected him (by not hiring him).

Payback, this time, its for real!!!

Let the beatings continue, I think about 5 more years and maybe we (at Southwest) can call it even.

My bet, you're probably not much older than a little kid!

yep

I'll re-do that quote: "It must be exciting flying for a carrier soon to emerge from bankruptcy protection on May 1. I feel that Delta will provide an excellent, long, stable, rewarding, international flying career for any young aviator." :cartman:

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back