SWA New Work Rules?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ivauir said:
Please, (pretty please) leave our dirty laundry off of flight info. I'm not trying to censor you or tell you we don't have problems, I just can't see any good coming from posting any of this here.

There was a point when I totally agreed with you but I'm up to my neck in frustration with our crappy union execs. f-ing over the membership.

SWA/FO said:
Attn: the sky is falling, the sky is falling at Southwest!!!
7 posts there 7s3w7a....all have something in common, they are all negative, there is no way you work here at SWA?

7s3W7A-

Why do you care what's going on, according to SWAFO there's no way you work for luv....lol

Here is the Side Letter summary:
2005 Scheduling Summit – Side Letter 31 Summary​

The Company and the Association have constructed this Side Letter in such a manner as to not intrude
on our Section 6 negotiations which are scheduled to begin in April 2006. The test will give both parties
information which will be of value during the coming negotiations. The test has been designed to increase
pilot productivity with minimal changes in quality of life. For the purposes of this test, SWAPA and SWA
have defined productivity as the average actual block hours flown per active pilot. An active pilot is
defined as a pilot who flies greater than zero block hours during a given month. Due to the provisions of
this test, pilot staffing will be reduced by postponing several new hire classes. As a result, the block hours
flown by each pilot should increase by approximately one hour per month. At the completion of this test
period, manning and productivity are expected to return to current (pre-test) levels. The first part of this
document is a summary explanation of the provisions of the Side Letter followed by the actual Side Letter.

Last edited:
Green said:
7s3W7A-

Why do you care what's going on, according to SWAFO there's no way you work for luv....lol

I guess there was no way Mr. Utah stole money right out of my pocket and yours and our union does nothing about it. I f-ing hate SWAPA.

7S3W7A said:
I guess there was no way Mr. Utah stole money right out of my pocket and yours and our union does nothing about it. I f-ing hate SWAPA.
Run for office then. I value your opinion and input, and the whole pilot group might feel the same. However, this is not the place for this. Please (pretty pretty please) dessist.

ivauir said:
Run for office then. I value your opinion and input, and the whole pilot group might feel the same. However, this is not the place for this. Please (pretty pretty please) dessist.

Okay, Ike.

7S3W7A said:
It's a concession to the junior guys who are going to be stuck with the lines with less days off. The senior guys will bid more days off which allows them to cherry pick the best open time slots. Another stomp on the junior guys. The fact that you are blind to this amazes me.

It may not be a good deal in your opinion, but a consession? Please. There are many who welcome a few lines with an extra day/pay.

7S3W7A said:

Like ivuair said, please go to the pprune (or better yet SWAPA boards) to vent.

TexaSWA said:
It may not be a good deal in your opinion, but a consession? Please. There are many who welcome a few lines with an extra day/pay.

Like I said senior one. Junior guys will get the extra day. Senior guys will cherry pick the open time that we now can't get because we have to work an extra unwanted day. Wanted is picking up open time. Unwanted is being forced to work it becuase the senior guys take more days off and the good open time.

Please re-read the side letter and think about others when it comes up for a vote again in 6 months.

Stop the greed and think of the junior guys.

Latest resources

Back