Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
:) Already, been answered above

7S3W7A said:
I could never be mad at SWA they are looking out for the best interests of everyone as they see fit. They definitely take care of us the best they can. However, I find our Union seedy and corrupt. Between the double dipping of Mr. Utah and paying pilots $200k to keep up the web site is abhorrent. The pilots here are great except for the scandalous ones in SWAPA management.

Please, (pretty please) leave our dirty laundry off of flight info. I'm not trying to censor you or tell you we don't have problems, I just can't see any good coming from posting any of this here.

SWA/FO said:
SWAPA vs. ALPA? I'll take SWAPA anyday!
WRONG green, nice try....:laugh:

what's wrong with you guys???? "Nice try" at what? I was asking a legitimate question there chief. The big bold type was a nice touch though, lol. Funny that your response had absolutely nothing to do with my question. I don't like alpa either. Make you feel any better?

I'll ask again why are you voluntarily giving concessions (if that's what they are) when the company is profitable. If you are voluntarily giving concessions does that mean your next contract will likely be concessionary in nature?

I'm envious of your current pay rates and work rules. I am not envious of having to fly with tools such as SWAFO and Kc81900.

Last edited:
kc81900 said:
Your an idiot. Maybe that is why SWA is profitable they and management work together instead of taking the ALPA approach bleed them until it hurts then furlough. Cause we need our dues. Oh by the way I work for an alpa carrier and in my opinion ALPA sucks.

Wow, that was classic. Did you go to college before you got that sucky alpa job?

They arnt connsessions. We are tring to make the company even more profitable. This way we can stay competative and still keep the pay up there.

shootr said:
rigging most open time regardless of how it may have gotten split

shootr

I voted no. I was just trying to point out that your statement about the rigged flying was wrong.

Green,
This is not a concession. This is a test period to see if contractual changes would benefit all involved. The company wants more productivity and the pilots want to change rigs and some pay issues. Aside from that, I agree with Ivauir that we need to keep our "mud slinging" to the union board.
Later...

SWA/FO said:
SWAPA vs. ALPA? I'll take SWAPA anyday!
WRONG green, nice try....:laugh:

I have worked at an ALPA carrier and now SWAPA. I tell you ALPA National sucks and is a political money making sham. However, the pilots who worked at ALPA local were giving of thier time and worked hard for their membership.

What I wouldn't give to replace every SWAPA exec. with those ALPA local guys.

TexaSWA said:
What work rule change is this that everyone keeps talking about. I know only of a temporary test where an extra day of flying is added to a small percentage of lines, and duty rigs are applied to split trips in open time. Both equate to more money for people who normally pick up an extra day.

Its not as if the extra day is flown for free. Alot of people pick up and extra day or two. Bid one of these lines and you wont have to.

Whats more, if we dont like it, we dont have to keep it.

Doesnt sound like a consession to me Green. Ask DAL, UAL and UAIR guys what a concession is, they will tell you.

It's a concession to the junior guys who are going to be stuck with the lines with less days off. The senior guys will bid more days off which allows them to cherry pick the best open time slots. Another stomp on the junior guys. The fact that you are blind to this amazes me.

Latest resources

Back