Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
shootr said:
Bid,

It's not a permanent work-rule change. The company and union came up with some work rule changes to increase pilot productivity that they'd each like to test. The pilots just agreed to a 6 month test checking some things to include some lines working 1 more day per month for 1 more day of pay, rigging most open time regardless of how it may have gotten split, the ability to work for more pay during a vacation or overlap already payed for, and some other small items that are really not too big of a deal.

This test is supposed to arm the union and the company with better data going into our upcoming section 6. Hopefully, it ends up being a win-win for us and the company (saves the company money and helps the pilots with pay/QOL).

Cautiously optimistic,
shootr

Hey Shooter! Did you read this side letter? The ONE month is March.

Rigs on Open Time
— In this test, the 5.0 TFP Duty Period
Minimum (DPM) and Duty Hour Ratio (DHR) rigs would be
applied to all trips split by Crew Scheduling for a period of
one month.
These rigs will not apply to pairings split by pilots in Trip
Trade & Giveaway that end up in Open Time. This test
will take place with current workday targets and Open
Time parameters in order to provide more valid test results.
This test should measure the actual cost of rigging pairings
split by Crew Scheduling as well as the potential savings
in premium pay and any potential savings derived from
reduced manning (Reserve) requirements.

Luke's Dad said:
Do the reserves work an extra day too?

Looking forward to be reserve guy somewhere...

Only a few hard lines

TR4A said:
Hey Shooter! Did you read this side letter? The ONE month is March.

Yes, as a matter of fact I did. I voted "no" because I saw the disparity in the SL of how much it favored the company versus the pilot group. I did not like the process by which it came about, either. However, I don't think it's the end of the world, just a test, which may or may not even produce valid data. I don't think it'll have any big effects on anybody including somebody as junior as myself. I can live with it without being angry at the company, the union, and the majority of voters who voted "yes". If that makes you and others mad, so be it.

Good luck all,
shootr

shootr said:
Yes, as a matter of fact I did. I voted "no" because I saw the disparity in the SL of how much it favored the company versus the pilot group. I did not like the process by which it came about, either. However, I don't think it's the end of the world, just a test, which may or may not even produce valid data. I don't think it'll have any big effects on anybody including somebody as junior as myself. I can live with it without being angry at the company, the union, and the majority of voters who voted "yes". If that makes you and others mad, so be it.

Good luck all,
shootr

I could never be mad at SWA they are looking out for the best interests of everyone as they see fit. They definitely take care of us the best they can. However, I find our Union seedy and corrupt. Between the double dipping of Mr. Utah and paying pilots $200k to keep up the web site is abhorrent. The pilots here are great except for the scandalous ones in SWAPA management.

This work rule change sounds like a concession. Why are SWA pilots offering concessions when the company is profitable and growing???

SWAPA vs. ALPA? I'll take SWAPA anyday!
WRONG green, nice try....:laugh:

Last edited:
Green said:
This work rule change sounds like a concession. Why are SWA pilots offering concessions when the company is profitable and growing???

Your an idiot. Maybe that is why SWA is profitable they and management work together instead of taking the ALPA approach bleed them until it hurts then furlough. Cause we need our dues. Oh by the way I work for an alpa carrier and in my opinion ALPA sucks.

Green said:

What work rule change is this that everyone keeps talking about. I know only of a temporary test where an extra day of flying is added to a small percentage of lines, and duty rigs are applied to split trips in open time. Both equate to more money for people who normally pick up an extra day.

Its not as if the extra day is flown for free. Alot of people pick up and extra day or two. Bid one of these lines and you wont have to.

Whats more, if we dont like it, we dont have to keep it.

Doesnt sound like a consession to me Green. Ask DAL, UAL and UAIR guys what a concession is, they will tell you.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back