SWA New Work Rules?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Green said:
what's wrong with you guys???? "Nice try" at what? I was asking a legitimate question there chief. The big bold type was a nice touch though, lol. Funny that your response had absolutely nothing to do with my question. I don't like alpa either. Make you feel any better?

I'll ask again why are you voluntarily giving concessions (if that's what they are) when the company is profitable. If you are voluntarily giving concessions does that mean your next contract will likely be concessionary in nature?

I'm envious of your current pay rates and work rules. I am not envious of having to fly with tools such as SWAFO and Kc81900.
Wait till you see the size of his (swafo)CHIP!

Lowecur must be MIA. Thought he'd be one of the first to give us his spin on this!

PS: How do y'all like my new avatar?!!

Last edited:
7S3W7A said:
Stop the greed and think of the junior guys.

You are giving every other ALPA person here a real thrill. Someone at SWA who is upset. This will spread like wildfire and next to fall will be SWA. Then everyone on the thread will be telling WN pilot's "see how the mighty have fallin" Before you slam some "more productive" work rule "tests" you should talk to folks about cushy work rules at their airlines and the pay cuts that followed.

for a few months (like 3 or 4) the line averages go up about .3 or something days per month meaning a few lines get an extra day of work... at an extra day of pay. at the same time we get rigging on open time and the ability to bid open time during vacations already paid for during the remainder of the test. the idea is to see which makes the pilots more productive, increasing the line average (company idea) or making pilots pick up through the greed factor of open time rigging (union idea). in any case it all goes away in 6 months and then the results can be used or not used in the coming section 6 contract negotations.

it will likely slow hiring in early 2006 due to being more productive but since the test will sunset in mid 2006 and we will still have the same amount of airplanes being delivered it will simply increase the amount of hiring needed a few months into 2006.

i don't know that i agree with doing this test before the section 6 but if this is a concession it isn't much of one and will be very short lived effecting only a small % of the pilot base who want to be effected (in general you can drop days easily, and not pick up if you don't want.)

7S3W7A...is probably a newhire who use to be at a legacy carrier. You need to take your negative comments back to your original carrier.

USNFDX dude, you talking bout me? I'd rather have a CHIP then be a DIP...like you :crying:

Green, maybe I should spell it out for ya, I consider your statement, question above W R O N G....... does that help you?

Last edited:
He really should take his feelings to the SWAPA forum. Ranting on this board won't get any results, Heck he can even use his real name over there.

That might take the fun out of it then?

Any definite word on delayed new hire classes? Patiently waiting and ready to give notice to my current employer.....

Luke's Dad...

Luke's Dad said:
Any definite word on delayed new hire classes? Patiently waiting and ready to give notice to my current employer.....

Hopefully, Chase will have something for us later this week. Kabul, myself, and a couple of Kahunaless lurkers (you know who you are;) ) are anxiously waiting to hear word. I'm hoping to be in class in Feb. After Feb 1, I have to start working for a living!:eek:

SWA/FO said:
That might take the fun out of it then?

Yeah, I guess it would!

Just some thoughts aimed at no one in particular,

I guess the big debate is over the extra day of flying that junior folks will be stuck with. I don't see the big deal. When I was new I would pick up to help pay for my over spent lifestyle. I guess it won't be at 1.5, but come on. Pay is dropping every where you look, and to me any test that will keep the pay at current levels is worth a look. I feel silly even talking about this given the current state of the industry. I hope problems like these are the biggest ones SWAPA ever has to deal with. My advice to anyone who is getting wound up over this. Take the money, and by yourself something nice.

Latest resources

Back