• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA lands at wrong Branson Airport

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hehe. Another fox news hater. You folks remind me of the loonies who used to play every pop song backward looking for instructions on how to worship the devil.

Yeah, that's right, it was the liberals doing that, not the crazy right-wing religious nuts. :rolleyes:

Aww, you mad livin?
Cause you just wrote 3 paragraphs on my flame, but got a 'go fish' from me on yours.
So who's panties are in twist?
;)
Keep trying man

We have been doing it this way for 42 yrs with no real excruciating consequences for us.
Why change?? It's all good.

Anybody ever witnessed a pilot who swore they were too disciplined and too careful to ever end up in a UAS [undesired aircraft state], end up in a UAS. They shut down. Knew one who went off a runway and just sat there uninjured in catatonic shock. It's handy to have personnel around who have made errors and can relate that experience.

IMO this is an opportunity to be good natured about an error that was going to happen to someone. I've flown around there al lot and PLK is lit up like a bigger airport than it is. I'm guilty of being critical of SWA on a lot of things, but how many of you being critical of this error have flown in that area?

Anybody ever witnessed a pilot who swore they were too disciplined and too careful to ever end up in a UAS [undesired aircraft state], end up in a UAS. They shut down. Knew one who went off a runway and just sat there uninjured in catatonic shock. It's handy to have personnel around who have made errors and can relate that experience.

IMO this is an opportunity to be good natured about an error that was going to happen to someone. I've flown around there al lot and PLK is lit up like a bigger airport than it is. I'm guilty of being critical of SWA on a lot of things, but how many of you being critical of this error have flown in that area?

Whenever I'm tired I say fluck it and ask to be vectored to final. I never fly to Branson was this an option? Or was no radar services available.?

At some point these two guys are going to get asked this question - "did either of you notice that both the lateral and vertical magenta indicators were at full deflection from center ?"

I feel absolutely awful for the crew. It's not a place that I ever want to be. The requirement to cross the FAF at night, on a visual is a safe practice. It reduces pressure, mitigates rushed approaches and may have prevented this incident.

At some point these two guys are going to get asked this question - "did either of you notice that both the lateral and vertical magenta indicators were at full deflection from center ?"

I feel absolutely awful for the crew. It's not a place that I ever want to be. The requirement to cross the FAF at night, on a visual is a safe practice. It reduces pressure, mitigates rushed approaches and may have prevented this incident.

If I was a bettin' man...

I'd say the AT way of doing night visuals is about to become the SWA way. A bit of a PITA when you're in a hurry? Sure, but that's the point. Slow down, back up what you see out the window with magenta, and if it doesn't look right press the "extra pay/live to fly another day" button. Follow the procedure every time and this shouldn't ever happen again...that is, until the cowboy who doesn't like SOP decides he knows better.

If I was a bettin' man...

I'd say the AT way of doing night visuals is about to become the SWA way.

I doubt it. Then they'd have to admit that the way they've always done things isn't the best way. They aren't very good at that.

Latest resources

Back