SWA Intel

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Only the limpets who have seen it work for 40 plus years
How many years did the PanAm/Eastern/Northwest/United/etc. limpets see it work, before it didn't work?

I wish the best for all you guys, but just because it worked for 40 years, doesn't mean it will work for another 40...

The difference between past and present is swa has never been the big dog. They have always been somewhere in between a good regional and a major. Have always gone after the low hanging fruit. That low hanging fruit has not been as plentiful of late, thus the stagnation of the last 3-4 years. The Airtran merger is a very different game plan from the past. Swa has found out they have run out of easy internal growth. I guess we will know in 5 years or so if it is LCC pt. deaux or not.

Careful, I'm told in another string if you make a realistic observation like that you are a "SWA hater"!

How many years did the PanAm/Eastern/Northwest/United/etc. limpets see it work, before it didn't work?

It worked for them for about 80... So...
Not your best point....
But like I said- keep betting against and trying to undercut us on wages...

Last edited:
It worked for them for about 80... So...
Not your best point....
But like I said- keep betting against and trying to undercut us on wages...

Did you really just say that? You PFT fools were undercutting everyone for 30 years with your BS payscales, lousy benefits......And now YOU, a FNG who bought his job, are telling the legacy guys not to undercut?
:laugh::laugh::laugh:
Thanks for the laugh wave. Maybe you need to get back to the gym and sport up for that special man in your life.

Got you with that line, didn't I scope?
;-)
But seriously- It's been 10 years- lose the belly and actually race me- dont talk about how fast you were in college...

Got you with that line, didn't I scope?
;-)
All the comedians out of work and you're trying to be funny..........
But seriously- It's been 10 years- lose the belly and actually race me- dont talk about how fast you were in college...
I actually wasn't that fast in college.

Apologies for the wage comment then- most definitely undeserved.
But that was blatant flame anyway- so ok- so what then is your point?
That there's some sort of lifespan for airlines? That all airlines will fail at X years no matter?
I don't subscribe to a sense of security eminating from my job- I get it from my character and development as a human being- I'll make my way in this world- things at southwest could change for the worse here- but in my experience at 6 airlines and codesharing w/ 3 others- we do things better- from all sides of the company-
I work and act and hope to help that last-

Last edited:
We were heading to Hawaii in January and I heard a SWA callsign from ATC. I said "Did I hear that right, was that SWA?"

SWA Pilot: "Yep, proving runs. I guess the cat is out of the bag"

Brief conversation followed but, I heard it with my own ears. I actually figured this was old news by now.

Latest resources

Back