• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Intel

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You forgot about the 12 day trip to Uranus. That will be followed by low level Nile and Amazon tours in the 717, and the twice weekly 737-300 shuttle service between El Paso and Antarctica. BTW, Allegiant can't start Hawaii service yet because of the lengthy ETOPS approval process, and they have the 757s now to do the service. (they are currently leasing them out in the meantime) And considering how long it actually took the SWA pilots to learn VNAV and how to use the autothrottles, it may take decades to start that service.

Bye Bye---General Lee

He he. We're going to your anus. Oh, I mean Uranus!

And considering how long it actually took the SWA pilots to learn VNAV and how to use the autothrottles, it may take decades to start that service.

Bye Bye---General Lee
Fighter pilots don't need to be told how to compute an enroute descent or have the FMC move their throttles. Remember, they fly CATIII with a HUD, while the other pilot can only guess what he's seeing--CRM is for wusses.

Plus the monkey spends most of his time in crew scheduling.

This is not rumor, but fact. They had a video demonstration of it on Crewplace.

There's a greaseboard on the wall with all the reserve pilots' employee numbers on it, inside little squares.

When they have an un-crewed flight, no matter where, the monkey hurls a handful of poo at the board, and whatever number he hits, that crew member is deadheaded to the un-crewed flight. If he passes through ATL to get to the un-crewed flight, the monkey gets a bonus. It's completely fair that way, because the monkey hates everyone.

They would have an intern fling the poo, but apparently, on their pay, they don't make enough to eat, and so all they were throwing were just handfuls of air.

Last edited:
As as side note, there is an interesting rumor "on the line" about our ETOPS planning. Since we picked up those three -700's from Virgin Blue (ETOPS equipped) a few months back, no one has really seen them. I'm sure there out there, but I haven't run across a crew that has flown one. The rumor is that we are "well into the process for ETOPS certification" and have used those aircraft for it. There seem to be plenty of guys out there that have buddies at other carriers that "swear we saw a SWA painted aircraft at an FBO in Hawaii"

Ha ha, those are some doozies.

1. The VB aircraft are on line as far as I know.
2. Good friend just down the hall from me handles all things Ops Specs and I'm guessing they'd have to notify him if ETOPS was "well into the process" as the Ops Specs is kind of important, and they haven't.
3. You can't launch aircraft for ETOPS cert without dispatch releasing them (even Pt 91 req dx'er here) and our office has not done so.
4. There's not even been scuttlebutt around ops that the company is seeking ETOPS cert for the -700.
5. Our flight planning system is not capable of computing an ETOPs release, nor can it plan ETPs. We'll have to change out systems before it's even possible.
6. If SWA had an aircraft in HI, you would have proof on airliners.net as they get pics of anything abnormal like that. Not to mention that once again, ops would likely be aware of it.

Last edited:
It will when SWA gets them, along with their ETOPS.

I think you missed my point.
It's the authority to operate in MNPS airspace with a two engine aircraft thats the hard part to obtain or ETOPS if you will. Not whether the 737 NG came to a company " ETOPS ready".

MTV

He he. We're going to your anus. Oh, I mean Uranus!

You may be going to his anus, and he will poop on you. I love all of your bragging, yet you Southwest guys haven't even flown passengers out of the contiguous 48 States yet. The Airtran guys will show you the way I am sure. And Hawaii flights are usually low yield or frequent flyer award type flights, where larger planes can usually pack enough people in to try to squeeze out a profit or break even. Alaska Air has feed from the NW via Horizon to help fill flights on their 737-800s. But, you guys think it will happen, so it must be so! And, I don't think many of us, including The General, are scared of your airline doing anything. And you flying Europe? Enjoy Gander.

OYS

I don't see Europe in the picture with the current business model of one class cabin, quick gate turns, no meals, etc etc.

Heck even HNL is what? 6 hours from LA ?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back