• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Intel

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
so have there been vacancies put out at soutwest as to where new hires will go or are all new hires going to be Oakland athletics fans for a while? If you get Vegas or PHX and live on the Eastern Half of the US, could you end up with a schedule where you are able to commute in on the same day and then take the red eye home on the last day? Also, how does seniority in class go? SSN or Age?

so have there been vacancies put out at soutwest as to where new hires will go or are all new hires going to be Oakland athletics fans for a while? If you get Vegas or PHX and live on the Eastern Half of the US, could you end up with a schedule where you are able to commute in on the same day and then take the red eye home on the last day? Also, how does seniority in class go? SSN or Age?

We've had vacancies every month with the newhires going to OAK and LAS, maybe a couple to PHX.

Trips and Reserve blocks are either AM or PM. If you commute out for an AM the night before, you can get out easily the last day..depending on where you are headed. Some PM trips get back even too late on the last day to make the redeye, and you can't usually commute in for PM reserve because it starts too early. They want you available most of the day on reserve.

Seniority in class goes strictly by age.

RF

Oh, I know, I'm not implying you didn't hear what you did. I'm just wondering how it would be possible that so many major groups in our office could not know that kind of operation was going on. (I don't expect you to know.) Heck, my buddy that deals with the ops specs hasn't heard a peep about it.

We recently took delivery of three aircraft from Virgin Blue, so maybe they were just being positioned from Austrailia.

The last hop on those Virgin Blue flights was HNL-PAE, so maybe that's what was heard. Come to think of it, if I recall correctly from Flightaware, the Virgin Blue aircraft came over filed as New Zealand tail numbers, and not SWA flight/tail numbers.

FWIW, I rode jumpseat on a BTR-MIA charter some years ago (taking LSU fans to the Orange Bowl) and an EAL flight that heard ATC speaking to us asked what we were doing down there. The captain replied "proving run" and the ATC freq was pretty quiet after that..

As SKC said, there's been not one iota of info on these stealth proving runs within our office...

We've had vacancies every month with the newhires going to OAK and LAS, maybe a couple to PHX.

Trips and Reserve blocks are either AM or PM. If you commute out for an AM the night before, you can get out easily the last day..depending on where you are headed. Some PM trips get back even too late on the last day to make the redeye, and you can't usually commute in for PM reserve because it starts too early. They want you available most of the day on reserve.

Seniority in class goes strictly by age.

RF

LAS has actually gone a little more senior then PHX for the new hires.

The last hop on those Virgin Blue flights was HNL-PAE, so maybe that's what was heard. Come to think of it, if I recall correctly from Flightaware, the Virgin Blue aircraft came over filed as New Zealand tail numbers, and not SWA flight/tail numbers.

FWIW, I rode jumpseat on a BTR-MIA charter some years ago (taking LSU fans to the Orange Bowl) and an EAL flight that heard ATC speaking to us asked what we were doing down there. The captain replied "proving run" and the ATC freq was pretty quiet after that..

As SKC said, there's been not one iota of info on these stealth proving runs within our office...

EAL......do you mean DAL....if EAL....you talking awhile back

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Latest resources

Back