• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Intel

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Apologies for the wage comment then- most definitely undeserved.
But that was blatant flame anyway- so ok- so what then is your point?
That there's some sort of lifespan for airlines? That all airlines will fail at X years no matter?
I don't subscribe to a sense of security eminating from my job- I get it from my character and development as a human being- I'll make my way in this world- things at southwest could change for the worse here- but in my experience at 6 airlines and codesharing w/ 3 others- we do things better- from all sides of the company-
I work and act and hope to help that last-
Listen, I'm not trying to flame. I have MANY good friends at SWA and I hope you guys last forever. Airlines don't have a life span, and my friends, like you are realistic about the possibilities of any airline job. I'm not on here enough to know who the usual cast of characters is, but it does amaze me at the invincible attitude that is displayed by some of your co-workers that post on here.

All the best,

Sluggo

Mid May.

App window closed, update opportunity still avaiable for another few days I hear.

Letters or rec not taken until called for interview.

Interviews should be in mid-April. Just flew with an interview team member and he already has the days blocked out on his board. He expects calls to start going out next week.

How can you do ETOPS proving runs before an ETOPS program is even completed, or approved? How can you do proving runs without interaction with Mx Control or dispatch? Why would you do proving runs with an aircraft on a route that you won't be using it on?

A few years back before Aloha did it with their planes, Aloha used 2 SWA planes to get certified for ETOPS. When they landed in HNL their reservations started getting phone calls cause everyone thought SWA was going to Hawaii. So I guess you not have to have the program complete if you can use other companies aircraft. But agree, I thought they said it would be the -800's on that route when and if it happens.

Ha-ha . . . .

Well, you weren't in the Wafflewagon, the Sabreliner, or the EMB145. :laugh:

Actually I was in the Embraer....Legacy :)

SKC: I'm not trying to start anything here, but I know what I heard. Had a 5 min discussion with the guy and it was San Fran radio that used the callsign. I'm just sayin..

Actually I was in the Embraer....Legacy :)

SKC: I'm not trying to start anything here, but I know what I heard. Had a 5 min discussion with the guy and it was San Fran radio that used the callsign. I'm just sayin..

Oh, I know, I'm not implying you didn't hear what you did. I'm just wondering how it would be possible that so many major groups in our office could not know that kind of operation was going on. (I don't expect you to know.) Heck, my buddy that deals with the ops specs hasn't heard a peep about it.

We recently took delivery of three aircraft from Virgin Blue, so maybe they were just being positioned from Austrailia.

Oh, I know, I'm not implying you didn't hear what you did. I'm just wondering how it would be possible that so many major groups in our office could not know that kind of operation was going on. (I don't expect you to know.) Heck, my buddy that deals with the ops specs hasn't heard a peep about it.

We recently took delivery of three aircraft from Virgin Blue, so maybe they were just being positioned from Austrailia.

I think the planes have been in the US for 2 months now. I think they are almost ready.

Listen, I'm not trying to flame. I have MANY good friends at SWA and I hope you guys last forever. Airlines don't have a life span, and my friends, like you are realistic about the possibilities of any airline job. I'm not on here enough to know who the usual cast of characters is, but it does amaze me at the invincible attitude that is displayed by some of your co-workers that post on here.

All the best,

Sluggo

No, no
:)

My post was flame- not yours-

And I'll take that- it's competitiveness that can turn to arrogance- and make no mistake - we're here to compete - and I like that the competitive nature of pilots isn't completely crushed here by the safety card.

But good post and reality check- most definitely NOT invincible- we have to perform through the decades to come or we'll be destroyed by this industry too

Last edited:
Eddp.......

Latest resources

Back