SWA Intel

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Agreed.

The training guy who manages our 'ETOPS light' ;) (60 minute exemption) has been liaising with the SWA ETOPS team. He was shocked that SWA was using 16 people to work on it. We used an intern, a ball of string and a gifted monkey.

I don't believe you for a second. There is no way Airtran would allocate a whole ball of string.

I don't believe you for a second. There is no way Airtran would allocate a whole ball of string.

Apologies.

I failed to mention that the ball of string was not new. It was borrowed from the union offices. The ball of string has seen previous service during games of 'tie me up' that MEC officers enjoy after lunch on Tuesdays.

I must admit, when the CEO states in our public in-flight magazine that the -800's will open us up to markets like Hawaii, Alaska, and the Caribbean...I am sure that the leases are already signed. This company does not do or say ANYTHING like that unless the contracts are signed, and they know the costs.

As as side note, there is an interesting rumor "on the line" about our ETOPS planning. Since we picked up those three -700's from Virgin Blue (ETOPS equipped) a few months back, no one has really seen them. I'm sure there out there, but I haven't run across a crew that has flown one. The rumor is that we are "well into the process for ETOPS certification" and have used those aircraft for it. There seem to be plenty of guys out there that have buddies at other carriers that "swear we saw a SWA painted aircraft at an FBO in Hawaii"

ALL TOTAL RUMORS! But it makes for good bar talk. I does make sense to get as much done as possible with the ETOPS stuff, and the finish it off when the -800's get here next year. Enjoy!

Cheers!!

I have seen the 3 airplanes on the line several times now and flew one last week FWIW

HNL definitely. ANC probably. Europe? If I never do that again it will be too soon. I would be very shocked/worried if GK started collecting wide bodies....well, other than the F/A's...

Latest resources

Back