• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Hiring?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Flying with a interview team member. Sounds like 2 classes possible in Oct. Folks in pool will be "interviewed" again, not to see if they would fit the SWA model, they have already done that. It is to make sure nothing has changed since they were put in the pool. Take it for what it is worth.

Certainly a positive, and most rumors seem to be more so these days which is good. Still have to temper it as Saluki points out. Will be interesting to see what is said in earnings release about future bookings, etc. Could be subtle indicators of future plans in there...

Flying with a interview team member. Sounds like 2 classes possible in Oct. Folks in pool will be "interviewed" again, not to see if they would fit the SWA model, they have already done that. It is to make sure nothing has changed since they were put in the pool. Take it for what it is worth.

Hey... I'll take a good rumor about now.. Dreaming big got me in the pool anyways..

BMX

By far the best Avatar I've ever seen! Couldn't you have of either waited 10 more secs, or been taking the pic 10 secs earlier depending on which way she was going?

I guess I was optimistic saying there would be hiring in 2012. 2013 may end up being a little more realistic. Good news is they still are making money. Maybe by late 2012 there will be enough attrition to get at least one class through.

Based on the conference call today, ASM growth in the 4th qtr and next year, how the schedule has worked this summer, etc. We will need 2 classes graduated and trained by March.

That's got to be a 15-20+ year upgrade for the most recent newhires. What's the latest estimate?

I agree with someone else on the forum that SWA may be looking for a dance parter to boost growth.

Another thread stated you guys would get a bunch of new NG 737s in the next few years, but you may also be replacing those older 733s and 735s with them. If that is the case, then you may not see much internal growth at all. That means a tough couple more years for your junior folks.

Latest resources

Back