Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The bachelor is in the pool....

Number in pool are only guesses.

Per Flight ops: Not hiring now so that we won't be really fat in Fall. They say we are 45ish pilots short now. Will be 150 fat in Fall.

There will be no reason to hire until there is a net growth in number of aircraft.

Number in pool are only guesses.

Per Flight ops: Not hiring now so that we won't be really fat in Fall. They say we are 45ish pilots short now. Will be 150 fat in Fall.

There will be no reason to hire until there is a net growth in number of aircraft.

So that means we will be hiring. :)

Estimated upgrade time if you are on the bottom (say bottom 200) nowadays?

With senior SWA pilots leading the way for a change to Age 70 retirement, I would say probably between 15-20 years (or 46,000 flying legs, 9700 of which are through ELP) until the left seat if you are based at the normal bases. If you take a LBB base, maybe 3-4 weeks? MAF is only 6-9 weeks I hear.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
I am positive that I am dumber as a result of reading General Lee's last post. I don't have much to spare so please go away. I don't want to accidentally read your dumbass comments anymore.

Estimated upgrade time if you are on the bottom (say bottom 200) nowadays?

Around 15ish years if you assume no growth and everyone retiring at 65. That's the worst-case scenario. Reality will likely be somewhat better than that, but who can say for sure the way this economy is heading?

Latest resources

Back