• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Hiring?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dope, you are posting like a mad person. Looks like your tourrettes is really kicking in.
Go take you meds ASAP.

Cheers

M

I agree, the DALPAs around here sure are jealous over the Southwest guys or so it seems. Wheres the love?

Yep, the truth hurts and only if it should. Too bad Atlanta sucks worse than lubbock or El Paso. Atlanta is probably the worst place on Earth, no kidding.

Yeah, ok, and MDW, OAK, BWI, and HOU are AWESOME! And, how are the housing markets in your LAS and PHX bases doing? Face it, many of your bases aren't the best places to live also. As far as ATL goes, some areas are great, and some aren't. The airport is actually very efficient while being the busiest on the planet, all WITHOUT SWA. That is what really makes it FANTASTIC. It is corndog free. (until you merge with Airtran and try to staple those guys to the bottom of your list cause Larry says so....????)

Bye Bye--General Lee

I agree, the DALPAs around here sure are jealous over the Southwest guys or so it seems. Wheres the love?

Jealous? Hardly. It is just fun to watch their reactions when you say you actually don't want to do what they do, which is multiple leg days with quick turns on the same plane, forever. Very simple, actually. How do they normally act you ask? As one of the founders Herb Kelleher once said, they act "NUTS."

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
ob·ses·sion
Pronunciation: \äb-ˈse-shən, əb-\
Function: noun
Date: 1680
1 : a persistent disturbing preoccupation with an often unreasonable idea or feeling; broadly : compelling motivation <an obsession with profits>
2 : something that causes an obsession
ob·ses·sion·al \-ˈsesh-nəl, -ˈse-shə-nəl\ adjective
ob·ses·sion·al·ly adverb

It's okay, General...we know you will never be able to let go...

Who cares? I mean seriously.

Do I define my career with a checkmark by airports served or walkin' away with cash in the bank to live off of for the rest of my life?

Let me think about that.

Gup

Who cares? I mean seriously.

Do I define my career with a checkmark by airports served or walkin' away with cash in the bank to live off of for the rest of my life?

Let me think about that.

Gup

So, what happens when DL pilots get the pay back? You don't think they ever will? You guys will be the only ones with higher pay, right? Is that what you think? If you don't think that way, then could you compare the variety of planes and trips between SWA and DL? I'd like to hear your answer without the standard Chase Public PR stuff. Tell us all why you would like to have multiple leg days (yes, you do have them) with quick turns on one plane, forever....vs DL variety in planes, routes, and trips.

So, think about it---If DL and SWA had the same pay---which airline would you choose and why? Think about it, and get back to me. I bet a lot of your current pilots are thinking about it too with upcoming hiring...and contract due in 2012....(could take longer, but negotiations start 16 months prior---meaning late this year)

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:

So, you also think DL pilots will never get the pay back to SWA style wages? What if they do? Will you change your mind Mr. Bingo player?

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back