• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ob·ses·sion
Pronunciation: \äb-ˈse-shən, əb-\
Function: noun
Date: 1680
1 : a persistent disturbing preoccupation with an often unreasonable idea or feeling; broadly : compelling motivation <an obsession with profits>
2 : something that causes an obsession
ob·ses·sion·al \-ˈsesh-nəl, -ˈse-shə-nəl\ adjective
ob·ses·sion·al·ly adverb

It's okay, General...we know you will never be able to let go...

GH-AY-WAD

pronunciation:\ ghay-wad\
Function: noun
Date: today

1: a guy named Cobra17

Bye Bye--General Lee

Only in your dreams Genital. Put the banjo down.

So, you also think DL pilots will never get the pay back to SWA style wages? What if they do? Will you change your mind Mr. Bingo player?

Bye Bye--General Lee

Where did I ever say that DL won't get back to their old pay? I hope your pay goes up and sets a new record.

You assume too much.

It still doesn't matter where you fly though. If I could find a job flying a 210 for 500K, I'd be all over it.

Personally, the thought of flying 3-4 domestic legs per day with 30 minute turns and waiting potentially 15 years for an upgrade just does not sound appealing. Can you imagine doing that for 20+ years? That's just me. Sure, SWA offers good job security and pay, but that type of flying would get old real quick. Sounds exhausting day in and day out.

But hey, to each his own. If you enjoy it, good for you.

So, what happens when DL pilots get the pay back? You don't think they ever will?

Bye Bye---General Lee

Of course Delta will get their pay back, right after Anderson bargains for more 76 seaters. And just like always, the senior guys will jump at the chance...

Over 750 RJ airframes, absolutely amazing.

Just like Gup said, I really don't care where I fly to as long as I'm paid well for my time. Done and done.

Personally, the thought of flying 3-4 domestic legs per day with 30 minute turns

What you may not realize is with those 30 minute turns, I'm more efficient per day. I think everyone wants to be paid for their time at work. That doesn't happen with a legacy schedule. You wind up being at the 'hub' 60-90 minutes EVERY TIME. Walking through the airport making nothing...

I recently had a four day trip that had two legs per day and paid 36. Easy flying, only 30 minutes on the ground each day, and paid very well staying at nice hotels.

It's all about efficiency.

When you ride around in the back of a legacy you realize real fast that they are on the other end of that concept. It's not the pilots fault, but the way their management runs the show. And usually its bad.

Personally, the thought of flying 3-4 domestic legs per day with 30 minute turns and waiting potentially 15 years for an upgrade just does not sound appealing. Can you imagine doing that for 20+ years? That's just me. Sure, SWA offers good job security and pay, but that type of flying would get old real quick. Sounds exhausting day in and day out.

But hey, to each his own. If you enjoy it, good for you.

Funny coming from a guy whose airline has NO scope at all.

General - bro use your writing talent on another thread to talk about overnights in Lubbock or El Paso. They indeed are entertaining.

However this one some dude asked about hiring and now this thread has gone downhill. You and I know that if spending the night in ELP was the tradeoff of having a 200K salary with SWA stamped on the paycheck, we would all do it.

Now, back to hiring news at SWA...

Latest resources

Back