• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA going against McCaskill Bond?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Therefore, SWAPA will have a choice to either honor the agreement or say no to Gary when asked to do so by him.

This is the one statement that you have completely wrong. Gary is at the helm and SWAPA isn't. If Gary doesn't like the way this is going (and appearantly from his letter he's already leaning that way), he's going to do what he wants to protect Southwest Airlines and it's employees...of which, most are massive shareholders.

Really!

They already accepted one that was fair and equitable (to them-but not the membership) You guys turned it down. Sucks to be you. Should have taken that deal. Bet the majority of your membership wishes they had the chance to vote for it now. IMHO, the arby will not be as generous.

We have no more choice than ALPA to accept it or deny it. The only way swapa can deny it is by using nuclear options like USAPA used. Kelly on the other hand can sell you off and drain you down to nothing. Looks like that is already happening. He's eliminating your unproductive destinations, reducing your flying in and out of ATL and installing Real Southwest Pilots on routes that you used to fly while also increasing the service with Real Southwest Pilots. (how's that plan working for you so far?)

Yes to what? Reducing Airtran flying? Eliminating Airtran destinations and routes that are unproductive? Reducing Airtran exposure while increasing Southwest exposure? You bet we'll say, "Yes" to that!!

Funny, I was thinking the exact same thing about Alpa and the promises they've made to you.

You asked for my opinion and you got. Your opinion, laughably is more of the same arrogant, condescending minutia that makes me think of my ice cream. If I were you, the next time SWAPA has a meeting or another circle jerk rally in DAL, start asking questions about the points I've made and ask them if they have the guts to stand up to Gary.

This is the one statement that you have completely wrong. Gary is at the helm and SWAPA isn't. If Gary doesn't like the way this is going (and appearantly from his letter he's already leaning that way), he's going to do what he wants to protect Southwest Airlines and it's employees...of which, most are massive shareholders.

That's actually a good thing. Listen to Gary and do what he says regardless of how upset you are.

I will make this somewhat simplistic.

Any fair SLI agreement (in our eyes) either through mediation or arbitration will be unacceptable to SWAPA. Therefore, SWAPA will have a choice to either honor the agreement or say no to Gary when asked to do so by him. I believe SWAPA will say yes.

In my opinion, SWAPA made a colossal mistake by making promises to their pilots that they knew they might not be able to keep. An error in managing realistic expectations.

You are assuming that the outcome will definitely be "fair" to you. I think you assume too much.

Kp

You asked for my opinion and you got. Your opinion, laughably is more of the same arrogant, condescending minutia that makes me think of my ice cream. If I were you, the next time SWAPA has a meeting or another circle jerk rally in DAL, start asking questions about the points I've made and ask them if they have the guts to stand up to Gary.
And your fear belies the reality of the circumstance you're in.

After this is all over. I will still be a Real Southwest Captain. (hired not acquired) You, on the other hand, do not know what future holds for you.

I sleep comfortably at night knowing that reality. You? Not so much. Enjoy your ice cream. I understand it tastes better with tears.

And your fear belies the reality of the circumstance you're in.

After this is all over. I will still be a Real Southwest Captain. (hired not acquired) You, on the other hand, do not know what future holds for you.

I sleep comfortably at night knowing that reality. You? Not so much. Enjoy your ice cream. I understand it tastes better with tears.

If being a Southwet pilot means being an arrogant, greedy, spiteful individual, I will happily keep my title as an AirTran pilot and sleep better knowing I'm not like you.

Last edited:
Kp

If being a Southwet pilot means being an arrogant, greedy, spiteful, racist, homophobe, then I will happily keep my title as an AirTran pilot.
Nice, you are really starting to unravel. I think we all know about the "direction of the debate" when it takes on your tone. Good luck with that. I think someone posted something about the depth of the respondent when he resorts to the tact you are taking.

Sleep tight tonight little one. Someday you may be able to wake up and know your future is secure. SL9 would have provided you with that security. Thanks again for voting it down. Pass or fail I'd still be at Southwest. You? Well, you can thank your MEC for that decision.

:erm: (just for you)

ps saw you thought better of your first post and edited it. Fire, Ready, Aim. Kind of like your negotiating strategy.

Nice, you are really starting to unravel. I think we all know about the "direction of the debate" when it takes on your tone. Good luck with that. I think someone posted something about the depth of the respondent when he resorts to the tact you are taking.

Sleep tight tonight little one. Someday you may be able to wake up and know your future is secure. SL9 would have provided you with that security. Thanks again for voting it down. Pass or fail I'd still be at Southwest. You? Well, you can thank your MEC for that decision.

:erm: (just for you)

ps saw you thought better of your first post and edited it. Fire, Ready, Aim. Kind of like your negotiating strategy.

Yeah, I took it out because I know that Captain Taylor is much a better man than you now for being humiliated, humbled and knocked down a few pegs, so I decided not to insult him by comparing him to you. He learned his lesson, but don't worry, your turn will come too.

I find it funny how the AT guys are calling the SWA guys "greedy". You guys turned down 3billion dollars because it wasn't enough!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back