• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA going against McCaskill Bond?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thing most folks here forget is that MaCakill Bond is based on Allegany/ Mohwak and that has zero to do with how much $$$ folks made. If I was the Air Tran MEC i would head that way too. .
If it's not then how did an F9 captain from a bankrupt airline do so well in arbitration? Money, it's always about the money.

Be careful what you wish for...

Yeah, every regional in the world. SWA just flies bigger jets.

I love how they're always bragging about their "culture".

You know the culture that causes:

1. Infatuation with cheap rayon flag ties.
2. No hats.
3. Excessively fast taxiing.
4. Pilot sprinting to the fast food joints in between legs.
5. Company approved "happy hours" with no end on layovers.
6. Pilot "wagged" weight and balance calculations.

Etc.

The Russians have a term for that: Nekulturny. Google it.

Guess the interview didn't go very well for you.

I love the flag tie. Girls seem to use it as an excuse to strike up conversation! It has worked quite a few times!

1. Hey, those ties are polyester buddy!
2. I have hair, don't need a hat.
3. Is that like ludicrous speed?
4. How else can I get my gym time in?
5. Haven't seen any of those, but if you can't drink responsibly, then by all means don't.
6. If by that you mean our On Board Computer system utilizing the latest techniques of actually counting passengers and baggage, sure, I'll float you the wag.

Sure, use a Rusky term, how about this one: Wear a green hat.

Dude here is the HELP:

1. Understand it won't stop immediately. When you are obsessed with Southwest, it is a bit like addiction - it won't go away overnight. Start by slowly stopping. If you try to completely stop, at first it won't work. After you feel the obsession is easing off, stop some more.

2. Find something else. Try to be obsessed on something else, maybe where you work. It helps if it is something your friend is obsessed about. If you can't get obsessed with it, just pretend you like working at Alaska. When you start forgetting about the other thing, stop going on about both of them.

3. Take away reminders. If you have stuck pictures of Southwest Specialty Aircraft all over your wall or something, start taking them off. Remember, though, that like everything else, if you do it straight away it won't work. The more gradually the better. Anything that is going to remind you of the obsession will not help.

4. Make sure you know you want to. Remember that almost everyone is obsessed about something, be it lampposts, cars or celebrities. Do not be ashamed of an obsession, but understand that one will just lead to another.

Guess the interview didn't go very well for you.

I love the flag tie. Girls seem to use it as an excuse to strike up conversation! It has worked quite a few times!

Looks like I struck a nerve!

Looks like I struck a nerve!

Here it is, one more time:

1. Understand it won't stop immediately. When you are obsessed with Southwest, it is a bit like addiction - it won't go away overnight. Start by slowly stopping. If you try to completely stop, at first it won't work. After you feel the obsession is easing off, stop some more.

2. Find something else. Try to be obsessed on something else, maybe where you work. It helps if it is something your friend is obsessed about. If you can't get obsessed with it, just pretend you like working at Alaska. When you start forgetting about the other thing, stop going on about both of them.

3. Take away reminders. If you have stuck pictures of Southwest Specialty Aircraft all over your wall or something, start taking them off. Remember, though, that like everything else, if you do it straight away it won't work. The more gradually the better. Anything that is going to remind you of the obsession will not help.

4. Make sure you know you want to. Remember that almost everyone is obsessed about something, be it lampposts, cars or celebrities. Do not be ashamed of an obsession, but understand that one will just lead to another.

Latest resources

Back