SWA going against McCaskill Bond?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BR715

This is more than likely the playbook SWA is following and more than likely will continue to follow until this thing is done. The way I see it, is that it will give the Airtan pilots plenty of ammo for a very large class action lawsuit.

1. ALPA MEC votes down the SLI knowing it is not fair and equitable. GK annouces the following Monday that the sky is falling in regards to the economy and plans to fly SW metal in and out of ATL on Airtran routes.

2. Mediation does not produce results and some 717s are parked or sold and furloughs are announced on the Airtran side.

3. After months of waiting the Arbitrated list is put out with seniority gains for Airtran pilots. SWAPA is furious and GK will not have his culture ruined so he continues the separte operations of the two companies. Over the next year and a half Airtran aircraft are slowly sold or parked and Airtan as we know it no longer exists.

I believe if this evidence was to go to court it would show that SWA never intended to give the pilots of Airtran a fair shake. Now i'm not talking about the finacial package that was presented to us i'm talking about a fair and equitable seniority agreement.

This is more than likely the playbook SWA is following and more than likely will continue to follow until this thing is done. The way I see it, is that it will give the Airtan pilots plenty of ammo for a very large class action lawsuit.

1. ALPA MEC votes down the SLI knowing it is not fair and equitable. GK annouces the following Monday that the sky is falling in regards to the economy and plans to fly SW metal in and out of ATL on Airtran routes.

2. Mediation does not produce results and some 717s are parked or sold and furloughs are announced on the Airtran side.

3. After months of waiting the Arbitrated list is put out with seniority gains for Airtran pilots. SWAPA is furious and GK will not have his culture ruined so he continues the separte operations of the two companies. Over the next year and a half Airtran aircraft are slowly sold or parked and Airtan as we know it no longer exists.

I believe if this evidence was to go to court it would show that SWA never intended to give the pilots of Airtran a fair shake. Now i'm not talking about the finacial package that was presented to us i'm talking about a fair and equitable seniority agreement.

Bless your heart!

Gup

The interesting part is your MEC put no value in the possibility of your scenario happening. Even if it was a 5% chance, you should have been allowed to vote on the agreement. For some reason the financial gains are viewed seperately from a fair and equitable seniority list integration. The are intertwined, not just by me, our negotiating committe or your MEC, but will be by the Arbitrator.

Are you happy, disappointed, furious that your MEC voted for you? My wife would have been furious.

Interesting on how your banter is already at lawsuit stage (TWA pilots). The stage that implies you have no job.

Never intended? You turned down a fair agreement- One that when looking at our seniority at retirement show significant losses to Swapa pilots.
As for your other argument - I wouldn't count on you having better lawyers than Herb- he was arguing to the supreme court when you were a fuzzy feeling in your daddy's sac-
and I'm pretty sure that MB doesn't mean you get to run the company and demand anything you want. It's still a capitalistic economy and you got bought.

Last edited:
fair or not fair in whose eyes? I say the AIP wasn't fair to the SWA pilots. Your career earnings dramatically increased, mine not so much.

Dude, have some ice cream and STFU, you're embarrassing yourself.

1,2, and 3 are spot on. As for your opening and closing statements,well...
Good luck with that. ALPA will be tied up in bankruptcy court. I am sure many of your brethren at Air tran are beginning to realize how bad you f'&$@k up.
That's why the ice cream dork told you to STFU.

Latest resources

Back