• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA delaying new planes, adding used Westjet birds --article

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Some- I'm with red on that- and I don't like the transition and not rebidding the 717 -
But SLI wise- they got a generous deal

It's funny you're so opinionated about this general since in a truly fair world, delta would be taking the 717 pilots-
Mother of all bids, delta or SWA - choose-

They got a ratio

A generous one

Wave, one day, when you finally wake up, and come out of your cave, blinking at the daylight, and scratching your nuts, maybe at that point you'll finally figure out that this was in many ways a loss for senior AirTran pilots.

Until that day, all of your snide remarks may make you feel better, but they don't do much for me.

Please give an example of another airline that purchased another and didn't allow one Capt to keep his/her seat.
Chautauqua/Shuttle America-2005. And before you spout off that it doesn't count because it's not the same, you asked for an example and I provided one.

Chautauqua/Shuttle America-2005. And before you spout off that it doesn't count because it's not the same, you asked for an example and I provided one.

Shuttle America was a bankrupt turboprop operator. You might as well be comparing the merger of Checkers and Carl Junior's. . . . I think some of the Counter guys got busted back to fry cook. :rolleyes:

Since you couldn't come up with anything relevant, I guess you are conceding the point?

FWIW, last Saturday, I sat next to a recently-retired Delta Capt on my way home . . . He was coming home after visiting his daughter, who is also a Delta pilot. He seemed to think that the AirTran pilots were treated in a pretty shameful manner, and had this to say:

"During my career at Delta, we went through four mergers. All pilots remained within a few percentage points of where they were pre-merger".

No, it wasn't General Lee. :laugh:

Last edited:
Shuttle America was a bankrupt turboprop operator. You might as well be comparing the merger of Checkers and Carl Junior's. . . . I think some of the Counter guys got busted back to fry cook. :rolleyes:

Since you couldn't come up with anything relevant, I guess you are conceding the point?

FWIW, last Saturday, I sat next to a recently-retired Delta Capt on my way home . . . He was coming home after visiting his daughter, who is also a Delta pilot. He seemed to think that the AirTran pilots were treated in a pretty shameful manner, and had this to say:

"During my career at Delta, we went through four mergers. All pilots remained within a few percentage points of where they were pre-merger".

The career expectations at each carrier where vastly different Ty.

When you wake up and realize that, maybe you'll feel better.

You can tell the delta pilot to pound sand and mind his own shameless business, as his way of airlines (outsourcing) killed more careers than SWA ever did or will.

A question was posed and it was answered with a recent factual example. But, because the decision of a neutral arbitrator does not fit your narrative, you disregard it as inconsequential and trot out the unverifiable musings from a retired Delta pilot; all while having the audacity to claim that the neutral arbitrator's decision is irrelevant. Classic.

There are only two ways to be a Delta pilot and to have gone through four mergers.

1. Western-PanAm-Delta-Northwest

2. (Southern-North Central-Hughes Airwest)-Republic-Northwest-Delta

I can't believe you could find a pilot from either of those groups that remained within a few "percentage points" from their pre merger airline. Heck, go ask any Delta pilot who was a former Greenbook pilot if the Roberts Award was just a "few percentage points". The guy was most likely an original Delta Pilot who has a skewed perspective on how the pilots ended up on one master list and figured that Delta Express and Song were mergers that he went through.

And FWIW, I have a friend who went through the North Central-Republic-Northwest-Delta route. After we acquired AirTran we ran into each other and he assured me, base on his previous experience in mergers, that I should expect a 6 year bump in seniority. He said something about "Career Expectations".

Last edited:
It's really comical watching the Herb Turds get all defensive and jump on some anecdotal story about a Delta guy when trying to defend their seniority cramdown the throats of the AirTran guys.

Now that it's over they sing Kumbayahh like it never happened......

Hypocrites.

Latest resources

Back