• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA delaying new planes, adding used Westjet birds --article

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Looks like Delta Connection is about to hire 3500 pilots in the not so distant future.

Can someone lend you a hanky to dry your tears the next time you leave your family on a trip...... Is it like Indiana Jones--you gripping your wife's hand until the last finger slips and you fall 3 stories into your airport car? So sad...?

Anyway, those DCI pilots probably will be needed to fill remaining RJs after tons of current DCI and SWA pilots get hired at the legacies. Sounds like your airline may stagnate for a decade. Throw in your app, and buy more hankies for Pete's sake!

Bye Bye---General Lee

AAI guys can't really complain much except for the departure of the 717 and the lack of a rebid...the SLI was was not unfair (DOH -2.5) for AAI pilots (sure you wanted more) and the SWA contract is superior.

Uh, I lost 3 years and 10 months and the captain seat that I was in for 10 years or 31% to be exact. I think I can "complain" a little bit. What exactly did you loose?

Uh, I lost 3 years and 10 months and the captain seat that I was in for 10 years or 31% to be exact. I think I can "complain" a little bit. What exactly did you loose?

The problem is your trying to compare your 'seniority percentage' at a much smaller carrier vs. that at a company that is around 5 times larger.

If I was at a carrier that had say 100 pilots and I'm number 20, would I expect to still be in the 20th percentile if Southwest (or any larger carrier) bought us? That's your arguement.

The problem is your trying to compare your 'seniority percentage' at a much smaller carrier vs. that at a company that is around 5 times larger.

If I was at a carrier that had say 100 pilots and I'm number 20, would I expect to still be in the 20th percentile if Southwest (or any larger carrier) bought us? That's your arguement.

So how big was TWA compared to AA when bought, and why were there TWA Capts that kept their seats in STL on the 757 and MD80? Please give an example of another airline that purchased another and didn't allow one Capt to keep his/her seat.

Bye Bye---General Lee

So how big was TWA compared to AA when bought, and why were there TWA Capts that kept their seats in STL on the 757 and MD80? Please give an example of another airline that purchased another and didn't allow one Capt to keep his/her seat.

Bye Bye---General Lee

General,

I know your on here 24/7, but your not following along. I've said many times that the Airtran guys should NOT have lost their CA seats. That's just my opinion, and it was my opinion from day one.

The rest of my post still stands. Percentage per company is not an accurate number...sorry.

General,

I know your on here 24/7, but your not following along. I've said many times that the Airtran guys should NOT have lost their CA seats. That's just my opinion, and it was my opinion from day one.

The rest of my post still stands. Percentage per company is not an accurate number...sorry.

Ok Red, I'm glad you admitted those AT guys should not have lost their seats. Finally you make sense on that issue. As far as mixing in pilots, a ratio method probably would have worked well. An arbitrator probably would have used that.

Bye Bye---General Lee

They got a ratio

A generous one

An arbitrator might disagree, a lot, and there would have been Capt slots due to some of their planes still being retained, along with future orders or options.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest resources

Back