• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA delaying new planes, adding used Westjet birds --article

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's really comical watching the Herb Turds get all defensive and jump on some anecdotal story about a Delta guy when trying to defend their seniority cramdown the throats of the AirTran guys.

Now that it's over they sing Kumbayahh like it never happened......

Hypocrites.

And it's really comical watching a Delta guy say anything on this board. Your past practices, from both a business and pilot perspective, do not even give you the ability to dictate anything to another pilot. It's like the Germans after WW2, just shut up and the rest of us will let you know when you can offer any input.

Well THAT made sense....

Really? Germans?

"Forget it, he's rolling..."

A question was posed and it was answered with a recent factual example. But, because the decision of a neutral arbitrator [on a case that isn't applicable since it involved a company in bankruptcy proceedings, who was operating only a handful of aircraft] does not fit your narrative, you disregard it as inconsequential and trot out the unverifiable musings from a retired Delta pilot; all while having the audacity to claim that the neutral arbitrator's decision is irrelevant. Classic.

There, I fixed it for you. :D

The latest arbitor ruling in this very acquisition prove that the panel does consider one company to be more stable with higher career expectations.

PCL tries to come on here and say 'other labor' groups don't matter. Talk about spin.

Ty,

All you have to do is review the latest findings for other AAI/SW labor groups. Who cares about Shuttle America when you have info more relevant between the two ACTUAL workgroups?

Who cares about Shuttle America when you have info more relevant between the two ACTUAL workgroups?
I could care less about Shuttle America, however when the beloved General made a statement inferring that never in history had a neutral arbitrator made a judgement where all captains lost their seats, I simply pointed out that he was incorrect. I am in complete agreement that one can draw much more valid conclusions from how arbitrators have ruled in this exact situation involving different work groups.

Sorry, Red, but PCL is right. Due to the issue of upgrade, Pilot seniority is completely different. There's nothing there to argue about.

I think my comparison of how the Checker's/Carl Junior merger played out was probably just as relevant. :D

Sorry, Red, but PCL is right. Due to the issue of upgrade, Pilot seniority is completely different. There's nothing there to argue about.

Ty,

The issue of seniority is exactly the same in all work groups. If the seniority would have been applied accordingly to the pilots....the Upgrades (part of your arguement) would have fallen wherever the seniority held it. Unless there were fences to help your side. Which I would have been in favor of.

An arbitrated list would have been similiar to what we have now (+/-) either way. Most AAI CA's would have held their seat (possibly more with fences) and those few junior AAI CA's might have been senior FO's. You guys mostly lost out on the immediate payraise and obviously being booted out of the left seat. All which would have not happened with the first agreement.

Ty,

The issue of seniority is exactly the same in all work groups. If the seniority would have been applied accordingly to the pilots....the Upgrades (part of your arguement) would have fallen wherever the seniority held it. Unless there were fences to help your side. Which I would have been in favor of.

An arbitrated list would have been similiar to what we have now (+/-) either way. Most AAI CA's would have held their seat (possibly more with fences) and those few junior AAI CA's might have been senior FO's. You guys mostly lost out on the immediate payraise and obviously being booted out of the left seat. All which would have not happened with the first agreement.

If you really think that you can just set an arbitrary line based upon seniority and not take upgrade into account, I suggest you ask wait until mid-2016 or 2017 and then ask one of your Senior OSW FO's who just missed upgrading into one of the "captured" Captain seats . . . . ask him about the difference between seniority and upgrade.

Btw, under the first agreement, we would have lost those 717 seats. SWAPA was gunning for those seats from the beginning. . . Ask your buddy SC, he'll tell ya. ;)

Btw, under the first agreement, we would have lost those 717 seats.
Ty, you really need to go re-read Side Letter 9 Paragraph H. You just aren't getting that the Captain Retention Slots did NOT go away if the B717s went away. They were designed specifically for seasonal downgrades and in case the the B717 fleet did not make it to lease expiration. The Merger Committee listened to Gary Kelly's B717 comments on July 14, 2011. The MEC ignored what he said.

Latest resources

Back