• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA announcement on the 9th

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
United will give SWA 27 gates in exchange for code share into SFO and IAD.

Yep it will allow them to eliminate some older airplanes and we will deliver pax to the coasts for their overseas flights....you heard it here first! Don't doubt me.

SWA will announce that they are closing thier doors as an airline, they are going to get into energy generation business and make trillions of profit off of alternate generation through cold fusion, engineered by the group that currently runs the fuel hedge program. The entire employee group will all retire with 8.6 million in profit sharing. The rest of the airline industry will refuse to fill the lost capacity, instead raising prices 40%.....reducing the load factors to 64% but turning record profits. All pilots will be able to jumpseat to work same day as work trips and never get bumped enabling them more time at home to enjoy thier massive pay raises.....most paying more than Fed Ex or UPS, but giving preferential interviews for the box haulers wanting to fly during the daytime.

Ohhhhh.......I just woke up.....WHAT did I type? Where am I?

My vote........Nothing's happening on the 9th.

I sure hope you're right...we're all still reeling from that industry-revolutionizing business traveler program SWA launched a couple months back after massive hype.

Absolutely earth-shattering. Plus a free drink.

What could possibly be bigger than that?

Last edited:
Maybe they are bringing back the F/E seat to the 737's and will have to hire 2800 pilots to help pass out peanuts and offset all the guys staying til 65. They could also chat with all the new business travelers during cruise.

Can't be anything big or there would NOT have been a 'pre-release' statement of an 'upcoming' announcement.

It's amazing how things just take a life of their own here at FI. There was no mention of a "pre-release" forthcoming in the original post. Roughneck "guesses" SWA has an announcement because (he heard) all Denver employees are asked to attend a "meeting." I'm sure this isn't the case as the employees scheduled off the clock will have to be paid as well as screwing up shift schedules. I'm willing to bet nothing big is happening on the 9th (except celebrating Elvis' birthday for those that forgot it was the 8th:laugh: ).

Last edited:
If this is a possible merger, history has shown that no airline merger has been announced this way. It's so funny how someone on this thread has already started talking about intergration of seniority, what a laugh. As far as AeroMexico www.aeromexico.com if you go to their fleet, you will see their fleet is made up of: MD-82s, MD-83s, MD-87s, MD-88s, EMB-190s, 737-700s, 737-800s, 767-200ERs, 767-300ERs, and 777-200ERs. I don't know about the airbus fleet seeing how much they are invested in boeings (but who knows). I don't know, but I've never seen an airline merger that has been announced by telling the world we will make a public announcement on a certain date. Frontier guys I don't think there is a need to worry about switching back to boeings yet!

It would be Mexicana

I sure hope you're right...we're all still reeling from that industry-revolutionizing business traveler program SWA launched a couple months back after massive hype.

Absolutely earth-shattering. Plus a free drink.

What could possibly be bigger than that?

It was 5 days early. Are all yall ready?

Today it was announced that we'll charge 25 bones for the third checked bag.
I'm onboard with this. Who needs 3 bags plus two carry ons to go to LBB?

Latest resources

Back