SWA announcement on the 9th

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Lear,

Thanks for the summation. I'll take a look at Allegheny-Mohawk next time I get stuck in an elevator or something.

Re-interview is only applicable if you buy the assets at bankruptcy sale.

If you acquire enough of the airline to trigger the requirement to bring the pilots over with them, you take the good with the bad.

Just a fact of life. Telling people to re-interview for the job they already have in the airplane they're already flying is ridiculous... :rolleyes:

WNC, no problem. Allegheny-Mohawk is one of those things that's fun to do as a case-study in just how screwed up a seniority integration can be, and was designed to make sure no one gets hosed. It's in almost every merger/acquisition CBA in existence and is now law, so take a look at it sometime. :beer:

That article says the LPP amendment to Allegheny/Mohawk was added to the FAA Reauthorization bill. Wasn't that shot down? That article was dated May '07 . . . at that time, it appeared that the full bill would pass . . . as it turned out, 'Age 65' was isolated and passed.

Last edited:
I define it as we by airplanes when an airline has a fire sale. when they are days away from going out of bussiness we step in and by airplanes, gates etc. kind of like ATA. I said it before and i will say it again I dont think there should be a staple, even our union said not to expect a staple again. I do think however that everyone should interview!
You're a d0uchebag.

You are absolutely correct. I've never seen a company that can keep a secret like SWA. When the next truely "big announcement" erupts without warning, it will come out of left field and catch everyone (inside & outside the company) flat-footed.

B I N G O!

We have a winner.

You are now free to move around the web board.:cool:

If it's a scheduled announcement for our folks in Denver then it's probabkly to reveal the winners of the last chili cook-off or to announce the next burger-burn has been cancelled to reduce our carbon footprint.

Besides, I heard from a source at the GO that we are not interested in the Mexican 737's because there's too much dried salsa all over the cockpit floor.

If it's a scheduled announcement for our folks in Denver then it's probabkly to reveal the winners of the last chili cook-off or to announce the next burger-burn has been cancelled to reduce our carbon footprint.

Besides, I heard from a source at the GO that we are not interested in the Mexican 737's because there's too much dried salsa all over the cockpit floor.

Señor, eso no es salsa. Ese s es 90's.

Aubie...are you serious...I will take dried salsa over whatever that crap is on our floors!!! (I don't even want to guess what it is)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back