SWA announcement on the 9th

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
and no more staple jobs!

Thanks to McKaskill, you'll have to do the right thing or wind up in front of an arbitrator.

At least the AFA can get meaningful legislation passed.

I guess we have some sort of announcement comming on the 9th in Denver.

I heard all Denver employees were asked to attend.

Any ideas?

On an unrelated note, I heard we were looking at "trading" some airbuses for some -700's.
Doesn't somebody claim that SWA has "big announcement coming up" about every other week on this board? And then it usually ends up being a boarding procedure change or a new route? Just saying...

I think he meant a penny per gallon of Jet A, not bbl of oil, but whatever.

"Trading" some airbii, this is getting good. Sat in a Brown 737 for three legs the other day, thank you all for the ride, but please, please, please, don't take away my quiet, comfy cockpit, vnav, and me beloved traytable, I just won't be able to cope

You know what they say about Airbus drivers?

...they've got nothin between their legs. :smash:

Just kiddin....they're both fine airplanes.

Last number I heard was SWA burned 1.5 billion gallons of fuel last year (man, I hope the greens don't get a hold of that factoid!)

I say that SWA is going to buy Frontier. They will then do a one for one aircraft swap with AeroMexico. AeroMexico wants an all Airbus fleet so they will gladly trade their 737s to SWA.

I suggested this theory at my SWA interview this summer and boy did I get a funny look from Rebekah.
If this is a possible merger, history has shown that no airline merger has been announced this way. It's so funny how someone on this thread has already started talking about intergration of seniority, what a laugh. As far as AeroMexico www.aeromexico.com if you go to their fleet, you will see their fleet is made up of: MD-82s, MD-83s, MD-87s, MD-88s, EMB-190s, 737-700s, 737-800s, 767-200ERs, 767-300ERs, and 777-200ERs. I don't know about the airbus fleet seeing how much they are invested in boeings (but who knows). I don't know, but I've never seen an airline merger that has been announced by telling the world we will make a public announcement on a certain date. Frontier guys I don't think there is a need to worry about switching back to boeings yet!

If this is a possible merger, history has shown that no airline merger has been announced this way. It's so funny how someone on this thread has already started talking about intergration of seniority, what a laugh. As far as AeroMexico www.aeromexico.com if you go to their fleet, you will see their fleet is made up of: MD-82s, MD-83s, MD-87s, MD-88s, EMB-190s, 737-700s, 737-800s, 767-200ERs, 767-300ERs, and 777-200ERs. I don't know about the airbus fleet seeing how much they are invested in boeings (but who knows). I don't know, but I've never seen an airline merger that has been announced by telling the world we will make a public announcement on a certain date. Frontier guys I don't think there is a need to worry about switching back to boeings yet!

You are absolutely correct. I've never seen a company that can keep a secret like SWA. When the next truely "big announcement" erupts without warning, it will come out of left field and catch everyone (inside & outside the company) flat-footed.

A year or so ago the fuel numbers for us were, $1 increase in oil equaled a .03 cent increase in a gallon of jet fuel. There was a $18 million dollar increase in the cost of fuel for each increase of .01 So for a $1 dollar increase in oil over a year, our fuel cost would be $54 million highter. Think SWA number is around $15 million per penny. So mid next year without some hedges they are looking at paying +$40 dollars for oil/fuel increase of $1.20/gal which would be a fuel cost increase of $900,000,000 if it applied to half their fuel purchases. They need to do something soon. Heard the SWA/Frontier rumor along with Airtran rumor and selling of B-717's to NWA and an international codeshare with NWA. They (NWA/SWA)have been talking about something

One morning we will wake up, turn on CNN and "bam" We did what?

That's how we hear about "big annoucements" here.

A year or so ago the fuel numbers for us were, $1 increase in oil equaled a .03 cent increase in a gallon of jet fuel. There was a $18 million dollar increase in the cost of fuel for each increase of .01 So for a $1 dollar increase in oil over a year, our fuel cost would be $54 million highter. Think SWA number is around $15 million per penny. So mid next year without some hedges they are looking at paying +$40 dollars for oil/fuel increase of $1.20/gal which would be a fuel cost increase of $900,000,000 if it applied to half their fuel purchases. They need to do something soon. Heard the SWA/Frontier rumor along with Airtran rumor and selling of B-717's to NWA and an international codeshare with NWA. They (NWA/SWA)have been talking about something

2008 is 70% hedged at $50/barrel

Thanks to McKaskill, you'll have to do the right thing or wind up in front of an arbitrator.

At least the AFA can get meaningful legislation passed.

I don't think so dude, if we aquire instead of merge we can staple all we want. ( personally I am for fair integration 1-1 after interview)

I don't think so dude, if we aquire instead of merge we can staple all we want. ( personally I am for fair integration 1-1 after interview)

Just out of curiosity, how do you define "aquire" (sp) vs. "merge"?

Latest resources

Back