SWA announcement on the 9th

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

roughneck

I guess we have some sort of announcement comming on the 9th in Denver.

I heard all Denver employees were asked to attend.

Any ideas?

On an unrelated note, I heard we were looking at "trading" some airbuses for some -700's.

I say that SWA is going to buy Frontier. They will then do a one for one aircraft swap with AeroMexico. AeroMexico wants an all Airbus fleet so they will gladly trade their 737s to SWA.

I suggested this theory at my SWA interview this summer and boy did I get a funny look from Rebekah.

With the stock a 12 and change something has to happen and quick. I've got to believe institutional investors are making Gary and company very uncomfortable right about now. It's just sad. I truly believe our stock is a victim of guilt by association. Really, we've done all that we can do to make the business model hum in light of all the adversity this industry has faced. We will be solidly profitable this year (07) and next by all indications. That is quite remarkable considering each penny rise in oil translates into an extra $15m in operating costs. 2007 started with oil at about 52 bucks a barrel and closed out the year at about $96. Thank God for past, present and future hedging. You would think this alone would elevate our value. Hopefully whatever transpires in '08 will be well thought out and not a desperation move done simply with Wall Street managers in mind.

I say that SWA is going to buy Frontier. They will then do a one for one aircraft swap with AeroMexico. AeroMexico wants an all Airbus fleet so they will gladly trade their 737s to SWA.

I suggested this theory at my SWA interview this summer and boy did I get a funny look from Rebekah.
That doesn't sound that far-fetched...

Of course, neither does the switch back to dry-roasted peanuts a few months early, but what do I know... ;)

Frontier is one of the companies I think airTran has been quietly mulling over for a while; a SWA acquisition would certainly cut off that avenue right quick.

Cut off in MDW by SWA, cut off in MKE by NWA, now we'd be cut off in DEN by SWA yet again. The possible dance partners for AAI are quickly dwindling... wonder what's next?

Good luck!

Lear 70, sorry if I missed it but how is your lawsuit coming along? Are you back to Airtran yet? Hope all is well and a good 2008 for you and your family!

That is quite remarkable considering each penny rise in oil translates into an extra $15m in operating costs.

I don't like to do public math, but here goes. If oil rises $10, then your operating costs go up 1,000 times (.01 x 1000 = 10) to $15,000,000,000...That is $15 BILLION dollars for a rise of $10? Please double check my math skills for me...How much gas do you guys burn over there?

Last edited:
I think he meant a penny per gallon of Jet A, not bbl of oil, but whatever.

"Trading" some airbii, this is getting good. Sat in a Brown 737 for three legs the other day, thank you all for the ride, but please, please, please, don't take away my quiet, comfy cockpit, vnav, and me beloved traytable, I just won't be able to cope

Latest resources

Back