• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA announcement on the 9th

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And I guess my friends at SWA who disagree with the ignorance you arer spewing here are also his friends too. So far you seem to be in the extreme minority with your views. There should be pages and pages of SWA pilots agreeing with you if what you say is true, but there are not.

And besides that, what if the other pilot group just magically decided that, in the event of a merger, you should all be fired and required to reinterview at the bottom of the list, if management decided to hire you? Would you accept that? What if the other pilot group thought your culture was inferior?

Do you really think any arbitrator will care who'se culture is the best? Do you think that because of your culture you will get one seniority number more oe less than someone else becasue of their company's culture? You will get a combination of what's in your contract, what's in the other company's contract, the law and most likely an arbitrator's decision. None of that will take into consideration culture for one microsecond.

The only "culture protection" you have is your management worrying enough about it to not attempt to make a move like that in the first place. If they do, you will end up in the exact same position you would have without your culture and without the interview process you are so proud that you got through.

Maybe you got a tad arrogant because you think that because your company bought some ATA assets and they only got interviews, that any and all mergers/acquisitons/takeovers/etc will go that way as a matter of your superior culture. You are both wrong in fact and extremely arrogant in opinion. Your culture will not overcome contracts and labor law, except maybe in your dreams.[/quote

If thats the case i tell you what go ask your friends for their login info to our union website and see for yourself. second if your friends are not man enough to tell you how they feel thats not my problem again i say go look at our website. And last that is why in the end we will never buy anyone if anything we will by airplanes. culture is what has made this company such a great place to work and if you or lear 70 think that mgt or the union or the pilot group is going to throw that away than you are saddly mistaken. If you can tell me that you would just sit back and watch your sen. number just slip away because your company bought someone that you are better person then me but I think you would be right there asking for a staple.
Like I said before there are plenty of threads about airlines other then SW go troll somewhere else and stop acting like a jeolus little girl.

DINGDINGDINGDING!!

We have a winner!

I'm very glad that, of my too-numerous-to-count commutes on SWA to DTW for 3 years straight, the many great Southwest people I met (and continue to meet) have NEVER displayed your level of sheer arrogance.

Just goes to show, there's toolbags at every airline, no matter how good the interview process. :puke:

You know I have some choicewords I would like to say but unlike you I will take the high road.

You know I have some choicewords I would like to say but unlike you I will take the high road.

Yeah, gotta start with that sometime, right?

As far advocating a staple, that's fine. Go for the most you can. That doesn't bother me. But so will the other group. Do you really think an arbitrator will give you a windfall because of your culture? Dude, with all due respect to your mostly first class pilot group, and don't take this personally or let it tarnish your hiring process based identity, okay? But NO ONE CARES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No arbitrator is going to award you the other group being stapled because of your culture, and certainlly not the other group being fired in their entirety and being forced to reinterview. Its just not going to happen. If you get to staple a group it will be because of what's in or not in their contract, labor law, and many other things, not one of which is your culture, no matter how good it is.

Now, maybe you will only "buy airplanes" as you say. You are already doing that though, from Boeing. But in addition you are selling and deferring airplanes. Its not airframes that you need. You very well may be in a position to benefit logistically from buying an airline. If you do, and Gary has repeatedly said its a consideration, that other airline's pilot group will get the result of their contract, labor law and most likely an arbitrator's decision. Culture applies to neither.

Your arrogance is sickening.

I got yer' "culture" right here B.D. you penis eating Microbe.

[/quote]

THAT is outstanding...

I'm sorry, did I stumble on the TWA/AA merger discussion??? It seems that i've smelled this filth before.

When are people going to realize that we are only flying at the airline we are flying at because we knew someone there who got us an interiview. It has nothing to do with how good you are or think you are. WE ARE ALL BUS DRIVERS.

Good luck to everyone.

Latest resources

Back