• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA/Airtran Process Agreement??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Glad you liked it General. Can we now talk about Delta? When do we get to talk about Delta?

You can bring it up anytime. But, I would rather type about an arbitrated SLI between you guys and Airtran. It's just the right way to go, and fair for everyone.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Partially correct. Delta did sell Valuejet some DC9s way back when, but they went out of business on their own after the meltdown over Miami. Then a 737 operator, named Airtran and partially owned by Mesaba, merged with them and gave them the name. They have been the LCC answer to people in ATL since then. Had Airtran the 737 operator never merged with Valuejet, they would have been out of the way a long time ago, and those same planes would have gone to the desert. You left out that part, RED.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Airtran is a DIRECT descendant of Valujet. What part did I leave out General, it was in my original post. You forgot to mention Airways Corp too, but you knew that right? I didn't leave out anything dude.

Basically if arrogant Delta wouldn't have sold those orginal DC-9's, we probably wouldn't even be talking about this...

Thanks for starting Valujet. How many BILLIONS of dollars has Delta lost because of it. Great financial move. Classsic.

Not going to happen General..... ALPA/SWAPA agreement.
We are not Delta.

Basically if arrogant Delta wouldn't have sold those orginal DC-9's, we probably wouldn't even be talking about this...

Thanks for starting Valujet. How many BILLIONS of dollars has Delta lost because of it. Great financial move. Classsic.

Yeah because Valujet would not have been able to find DC-9s anywhere else back in 1993.

No, they just taxied them over to the other side of the ramp.

Airline 101. Never sell aircraft to a direct competitor in your backyard. But hey, Delta arrogance has no bounds. They didn't think this little tiny upstart airline would amount to anything. Guess again.

Airtran is a DIRECT descendant of Valujet. What part did I leave out General, it was in my original post. You forgot to mention Airways Corp too, but you knew that right? I didn't leave out anything dude.

The original Airtran was what? A direct descendant? Huh? They were a small operator out of MCO, and partially owned by Mesaba. When Valujet crashed, their fleet was parked for a good while. At that point Valujet management went looking for anyone with a different name to put over Valujet, and they found Airtran. Had they not done that, those ex DL DC9s would have gone to the desert sooner, and Valujet would have been gone for good. And how many BILLIONS has Delta lost because of it? Hmmmm. Are you up for an Academy Award? You are over doing it again. BTW, if you don't need those 717s, and no other INTL carrier that GK supposedly would give them to actually wants 85 of them, I bet I know where they could go......otherwise, you are stuck with them, the leases, and the SLI.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Not going to happen General..... ALPA/SWAPA agreement.
We are not Delta.

So, you are telling me that arbitration is not a step in your Process Agreement? Really? Didn't ALPA, SWAPA, and GK sign that? Come on now, I think you may be fibbing.......... quit it....... I think you may be incorrect on that. Ask Lear70.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Honest question, not flamebait: I used to have General Lee on "ignore", and this was a much more pleasant place for me. Now all his anti-SWA posts show up again. I don't mind a few here and there, but it's kinda creepy how he can have four in a row...anyway, I can't find the ignore function. When I click on his name, the option isn't there. On the bottom of the screen, I can only "report post".

Any help? My creeped-out factor just pegged out, and I would like to go back to ignore. Is that still a function?

Up towards the top of the screen, click "USER CP"

Go to "Edit Ignore List" on the left of that screen and add his name in. Make sure it's either copy and pasted from what you see on this screen or that it's EXACTLY the way it appears on the screen. Click "SUBMIT".

If you're still getting them, you input the name wrong, spaces, underscores, everything is has to match. Using copy and paste works well.

/mod

Radar,

I'm with ya. It' getting harder and harder to find any reasonable information without having to sift through a Delta infomercial. Thanks for the info L70.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back