• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA/Airtran Process Agreement??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wow. Been off here for a few days and took me an hour to catch up! Good entertainment boys. My money's on a negotiated settlement. Let's get this party started.

Of course you are hoping for the AT pilots to sign off on your own "generosity", even though the money is coming from management. You guys aren't losing a dime. If all other recent mergers are precedent, I see arbitration in your future, because both sides don't see the same outcome. They just don't. GK wants this merger done, and he isn't asking for SWAPA's approval here. Sure, he wants peace, but that won't come easy, in any merger. Fair is best.

OYS

I remember the new-hire breakfast with Herb and Colleen. They were adamant that we would never buy another company because of the culture problems and perceived ungratefulness of some of the Morris pilots, especially the ones who sued. It's not Herb and Colleen anymore, but the culture is still very much front and center on everyone's mind. That is why a negotiated settlement is so important for them.

Still missing the point:

Notice how I said WN and not SWAPA? We will have a list...come H**L or HIGH WATER (whether it be negotiated or arbitrated. That's a given. However, that list does not ever have to be implemented if its arbitrated (and) WN decides to go the "Road less Traveled".

I don't think that was unintentional.

If it goes to arbitration, the following section applies:

" 6(g) The Final Award shall be final and binding on the Parties to this agreement, on their succesor and assigns, and on the pilots employed by the companies and their affiliates. The Final Award shall include the date on which the Integrated Master Seniority List will become effective, which will be a either a date agreed upon by the parties, or if they do not agree, a date determined by the Panel. The date determined by the Panel shall not be earlier than the later of:

i. The date a single collective bargaining represntative is recognized as the sole bargaining agent for the combined craft and class, in accodance with the RLA; and

ii. The issuance date of an FAA Single Operating Certificate, provided that Southwest and AirTran make reasonable, good faith, and expiditious efforts to secure the Single Operating Certificate."

I'm pulling for a negotiated ISL. I think that is the first step in preserving the SWA culture and bringing the AT pilots into the fold. But I'm not following your point Lonestar. I think there is language that provides an end game.

Of course you are hoping for the AT pilots to sign off on your own "generosity", even though the money is coming from management. You guys aren't losing a dime. If all other recent mergers are precedent, I see arbitration in your future, because both sides don't see the same outcome. They just don't. GK wants this merger done, and he isn't asking for SWAPA's approval here. Sure, he wants peace, but that won't come easy, in any merger. Fair is best.

OYS

The General is silent but there is another equally irrelevant DAL guy espousing the same views. Riiiiiight...
STREAKER!!!!

Because I have a different opinion and can articulate it, I "bring it on myself", and that justifies publishing my name and making threats against me in an anonymous and cowardly manner. . . is that what you're saying?

Grow up. This is all a game. An remember, the solution to this problem is the problem. If you cannot take it then get out of the game and quit crying. If it really bothers you try getting a new name and start over. This will be old news next year and nobody will remember it. Or just read and do not post. That will work also.

Yep, you're right... 6(a) was signed off on by all parties involved. I just wonder how much water that paragraph will hold if there are any "debilitating circumstances" pop up.
Good question.

I'm not trying to be a jerk (although I'm sure that I am coming off as one to some),
Not at all (and I hope I don't, either but probably do even though it's not intended). We're all a little passionate about the subject... probably something about having a little at stake or something like that. ;)

but I just don't think that everyone understands the importance of this document: GK does not want this to go to arbitration. He wants a negotiated list (one big happy family). If it does go to arbitration, then all bets are off.
I'm sure he does, as do all of us. Infinitely better to come up with something we can all live with, no doubt about that. :beer:

Latest resources

Back