• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA/Airtran Process Agreement??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Like a wise man once said, "can't we all just get along"...

Maybe we should get Rodney to help negotiate the list?

Last edited:
Like a wise man once said, "can't we all just get along"...

Maybe we should get Rodney to help negotiate the list?

If you accept what SWAPA offers you, then yes, yes you can get along and maybe mingle, except on holidays and weekends, when you AT guys will be the only ones working.

OYS

Lear,

I'm confused about you saying SWAPA and ALPA will come up with the new 717 rate. Did I miss something?
It's in the process agreement, Section 2.

As part of SLI talks, once an agreement has been reached, both unions form an "implementation committee" made up of people from each MC/NC team to work with both companies to transition the AAI contract onto Southwest scheduling and work rules, pay, and other compensation items.

From how it's been explained to me, AAI ALPA will work with Southwest Management with SWAPA as an advisor on modifying our CBA to make it possible to schedule our pilots with the efficiency SWA's schedules yours. This, combined with increased ticket prices (ours are usually lower than yours in like markets) will bring our revenue stream up to where the bag fees can be eliminated per SWA policy and also allow our pilots to transition to the TFP methodology of pay, and in changing to a TFP scheme, a rate must be agreed to for the time period between this and when the SLI is implemented and we all go to the SWA pay rate.

These changes will be done by ALPA side letter and must be ratified by the AAI pilot group per our ALPA local policy manual and bylaws. Some things don't require MemRat, but LOA's changing pay and work rules do. The only way to remove MemRate requirement is, again, to put its removal to a majority vote (and I guarantee you that such a proposal would die rather noisily). A simple MEC vote isn't sufficient to remove MemRat from the Policy Manual and bylaws.

As for LONG-TERM SWA 717 rates, of course SWAPA will work with SWA negotiating a pay rate for the 717 for the COMBINED pilot group moving forward; AAI ALPA will be an advisor in these talks, just as SWAPA was an advisor with the above changes, but the agreement will be between SWA and SWAPA.

Hope that makes more sense and again, this is how it was explained to me, so I might have lost something in translation, but it jives with the Process Agreement verbiage so I think the basics of it are correct.

Last edited:
OY6 - is high.

As far as SLI, they (Trannies) get to vote. If it passes then it passes. Also SWAPA members get to vote. This is the quickest path for Trannies to get paid sooner, then later.

OY6 - is high.

As far as SLI, they (Trannies) get to vote. If it passes then it passes. Also SWAPA members get to vote. This is the quickest path for Trannies to get paid sooner, then later.

The truth

Last edited:
OY6 - is high.

And, I believe this is how we ALL want it to go down. Please let us all come to a mutual agreement. Amen.

If you accept what SWAPA offers you, then yes, yes you can get along and maybe mingle, except on holidays and weekends, when you AT guys will be the only ones working.
....says the tool (on the end of Delta's list,) who works this exact schedule at DAL.....

As for LONG-TERM SWA 717 rates, of course SWAPA will work with SWA negotiating a pay rate for the 717 for the COMBINED pilot group moving forward.

Lear, long term pay rates will be the same to 737 classic fleets and -700/-800. Our -500 rates pay the same as the -800 rates. The 717 will have a similar configuration to our -500s. You heard it here first.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back